Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

I took Cefdinir until I went to the doctor yesterday. He prescribed

I took Cefdinir until I went to the doctor yesterday. He prescribed Clindamycin 300 mg twice a day. I have been taking it today, but my abrasion looks worse--redder, pinkish with some small white. It hurts a lot. I've been washing it ans applying Neosporin--covered it. I am thinking about going back to the doctor tomorrow. How long does it take for the Clindamycing to start working? Should I wait longer to give it a chance to work? or go back to the doctor? Thank you.
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, Dr.Phophalia is not available right now .

In most cases , it usually takes 24-48 hours for Clindamycin to work .

If your symptoms do not improve by Thursday , You should go back to the doctor but right now , You should wait a few more time.

In the meantime ,rest properly and drink plenty of fluids .

If you experience serious side effects like nausea, vomiting ,blisters, skin rash ,diarrhea or shortness of breath , You need to contact your doctor immediately.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied .

Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.