Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I am feeling very depressed lately and am always tired. I

I am feeling very depressed lately and am always tired. I feel best when i sleep and feel stressed alot. For some reason i really dont want to go see a local doctor and am looking for online help on possibly trying a medication. I am not on any medication and have no health isssues. dont smoke. I am very healthy except im getting more and more depressed every day and at the part i can hardly function. I believe i have tried Wellbutrin about 10 years ago for 2 months i remember feeling really good. I was thinking of trying this again. Maybe just purchasing a months supply over online. I just wanted some advice and if someone thought this was an ok route. I have an LPN degree, so i know a little about medicine, but idk why, i dont like talking about my problems to people. but i can do it for a stranger. ha. let me know if anyone has ideas on just something to get me out of the funk i think i am in. i dont believe i need something permanent. just to get me out of the way i been feeling.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

Are you on any medication now?

Customer:

I dont take any medications now. I dont smoke, drink modestly. hardly drink pop. eat all right. i take a greens supplement. For the most part i believe its stress, depression. I own my business and its become very stressful. And alot of other things have happened. My BP is normal. Lately, i been feeling slight side aches. some pressure in my chest. My memory has gotten really bad. I feel like its from stress. i been real sleepy and never can get enough sleep. Ive had these symptoms before when i was in college and felt stress. not sure if its anxiety or stress or depression.

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

Are you interested in trying medication and have you had any tests? I ask because you may have hypothyroidism

Customer:

Um, im not sure on tests. I think i been tested for that. not sure though.

Dr Brims :

Okay, I think you should have your thyroid checked with a test called a TSH

Dr Brims :

If it is low you will only require supplements

Dr Brims :

If it is normal then you may try antidepressants

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

i had a testosterone test done. and that was abnormal i guess. the number was 344. (NNN) NNN-NNNNis normal. not sure what that means

Dr Brims :

That may also cause you to feel tired and depressed

Dr Brims :

You may require testosterone replacement

Customer:

so, i need to see an endocrinologist. and have blood work?

Dr Brims :

You can see a general doctor, and just request for blood tests (TSH)

Dr Brims :

Is there anything else I can help you answer on this topic or anything I can help clarify?

Dr Brims :

Hello?

Customer:

i will call tomorrow and see if the doctor has ever had that test done.

Dr Brims :

Okay

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions you may click a rating button to exit the chat session

Customer:

whats your opinion on medication, if i go that route

Dr Brims :

levothroid is a good drug for the thyroid

Dr Brims :

fluoxetine is a good drug for depression

Customer:

what do you think of my symptoms

Customer:

I have been a naturally tired person my whole life.

Dr Brims :

I think you may have hypothyroidism or depression

Customer:

i was once told when i was little that i had over active testicles.. not sure what that means. i used to get side aches when i was like 10. they would get real bad.

Dr Brims :

Okay, I don't know if that is related to your current symptoms

Customer:

ya, i just thought of that i never had told anyone. didnt even know what it meant

Dr Brims :

Okay

Dr Brims :

Is there anything else I can help answer on this topic?

Customer:

what you think about trying to get energy. what would be a good route

Dr Brims :

You may consider exercise if your tests are normal

Dr Brims :

It seems to be taking you time to respond, I am not sure if there is a computer problem

Customer:

o, im just thinking of what to do. i didnt really wanna go see a doctor. costs too much.

Customer:

ha

Dr Brims :

Then you may have to take the test at a lab

Dr Brims :

Those are the only solutions, unless you try to obtain the medication online, which is usually illegal

Customer:

ya, i just found a site you can buy generic meds. idk the legalities.

Dr Brims :

It is usually illegal

Customer:

friendlyclinic.org

Dr Brims :

It is likely a scam

Dr Brims :

I would not trust it

Customer:

the depression med you like. i was just thinking of trying something for a little while and seeing if i feel different. Do you think thats a bad idea?

Dr Brims :

yes, I think it is a bad idea, I would never advise my patient to do that

Customer:

just seems like doing nothing is not a good idea. im sure ive had my thyroid tested.

Dr Brims :

Okay, I am sorry, I am not sure what question you would like me to answer in your last reply, can you please phrase the response in the form of a question so I can answer?

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry,I have to go see a patient soon, are you still there? If you are please respond

Customer:

ok, sounds good. thanks for help

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic you may click a rating button to close the session

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience