Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I take celexa 20mg Im nervous now about long qt syndrome or

I take celexa 20mg Im nervous now about long qt syndrome or toradoes de pointes. Is this common for this med
First off, do you have any heart conditions or take any other medications? Have you had a recent EKG? How long have you been on the Celexa?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no heart conditions had ekg back in april but wasn't on celexa at the time. been on celexa first time almost 3 years. this time 4 months. I take klonopin .5 x2 a day and losartan 50mgs. I do get skipped heart beats it quit for awhile getting them again.

Were you getting the skipped beats before you restarted the Celexa?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't remember

OK. The prolonged QT and the torsade de points were only seen with high doses of Celexa--60mg a day or more. They also were seen in patients with kidney disorders, electrolyte imbalances, and those on certain heart medications. I really don't think you have anything to worry about but considering the skipped beats, unless that's been checked out before, you should let your doctor know about it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had them checked out many times by hospitals and my doc. I was having them during restartup celexa and they finally stopped for about a couple months now started back up

Still don't think there's anything to worry about but you should get another EKG now since their occurring while you're on the Celexa