A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Besides the following 5 health tips: 1. Eat 3 meals a day 2.

Besides the following 5 health tips:

1. Eat 3 meals a day
2. Control weight
3. Exercise regularly
4. Get plenty of sleep
5. Don't smoke

Is there one more health tip that is very common? I remember seeing this TV commercial in the late 70s or early 80s that gave 6 health tips. I can remember the 5 health tips, which I listed above. But I just can't remember one of them. Thank you for your assistance.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help you.

I'm afraid that TV commercials from 30-40 years ago aren't my forte. In fact, things that may have been recommended that long ago may not be recommended today. For instance there is nothing really magical about eating three meals a day.

What is far more important is not skipping breakfast, and eating healthy, nutritious meals and snacks and avoiding unhealthy foods (trans fat, saturated fat, added sugar, sugar syrups, any grain that isn't 100% whole). These are commonly known today as the "Five Food Felons." Smile

Other recommended health tips for taday's world would be managing stress, decreasing salt, drinking only in moderation if you drink alcohol (no more than one drink per day for women and two for men), and having regular age-appropriate checkups with your medical provider.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler

ξ