Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

My last time of intercourse was on May 18. I had my period

My last time of intercourse was on May 18. I had my period 4 days later on the 22nd (this is my last period to date). I took a pregnancy test on July 4th and it came back negative. I took another on July 8th and it was also negative. I always thought that if my period came after my last time having sex I would be in the clear. I've never been this late before.( I moved out of state on May 24th). Is it possible that I could be pregnant?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Was the bleeding on 22nd normal like your usual period?

How many days did it last?

Do you feel any sympXXXXX XXXXXke nausea, breast tenderness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the bleeding was normal and lasted for a week, it was one of my heavier periods.

I have no symptoms to speak of.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Ashley for the information,

When you had bleeding more like regular period after the sex, pregnancy is unlikely.

The pregnancy tests were also negative.

Usually by this time the pregnancy tests get positive.

You are not having any symptom of pregnancy too.

Besides pregnancy, hormonal change, anxiety, stress, illness can delay the period.

When you have shifted to a new place, there can be a stress.

It can affect the period.

If you miss the next period, then you can consult doctor for an examination and evaluation.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience