Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

My stomach seems to take a very long time to pass liquid,

My stomach seems to take a very long time to pass liquid, ie, I drink a lot of soda and other drinks of an evening, and no need to go to the toilet for 4/5 hours, but stomach feels very full and bloated, once in bed up every 2/3 hours.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Which medicines do you take for high blood pressure?

When did all those symptoms develop?

Did you consult doctor for this?

Did you have any test?

Do you have swelling of feet?

Do you feel any shortness of breath?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Blood pressure tabs are Fortzaar100/25mg

Feet ok, no shortage of breath

Have had no test to date

current blood pressuer is average 125/81

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

At what time of the day do you take Fortzaar?

Do you take it in the morning?

When did you start taking this tablet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In the morning

approximately 9 months ago

no test to date

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you John, for all the information,

Excessive intake of soda can cause bloating, gas.

There can be a feeling of fullness.

Excessive intake of tea,coffee or alcohol can have a diuretic effect & increase the flow of urine.

You can take plain water instead.

There can be a few other causes which can cause you to get up excessively at night for passing urine.

There can be enlarged prostate.

Diabetes, an urinary infection, heart failure, obstructive sleep apnea etc. can cause it.

In diabetes the stomach may have delayed emptying.

I would suggest to consult your doctor & discuss those issues.

If you have not been checked for any of those recently then he can take tests & evaluate.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience