Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Hi. I had one pencil eraser sized bump in-between my labia

Hi. I had one pencil eraser sized bump in-between my labia and butt cheek in the hair area several years ago. I also could feel (but not see) two very small bumps surrounding the edge of the pencil eraser bump. After a week or two I was able to squeeze out pus and blood. Also, before it "popped" I felt like there was a small bump under the skin, like a pocket of pus maybe. This wasn't painful at all. Since then, I have had 2 small bumps in the hair area of the labia that pus came out of (and I think a hair but not sure) and then they went away. Also not painful. I also have fairly frequent what seem to be zits on my buttcheeks. Not painful and no discharge from them. I feel like my vaginal area is usually hypersensitive, but this could be anxiety and obsessing over it also. I've been fully STD tested and it's negative for everything except for HSV1. So my question is, does this sound like it's HSV1 in my genitals? I've never had a cold sore and I've never had typical genital herpes symptoms so I'm unsure what to think. But online it says genital herpes can have multiple symptoms ranging from mild to severe. Just wondering if genital herpes is something to worry about. 2 sexual partners total but unsure how many partners they had before sleeping with me. Never had oral sex so would have to be genital to genital transmission. Thank you for your time!
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Your symptoms are not suggestive of HSV1 or any STD (STD screening being negative further substantiates it). This is likely to non STD skin infection like hair follicle infection or folliculitis. The other possibilities are; sebaceous cysts or pseudofolliculitis (if you shave around the area) or infected sweat glands.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any chance you think this could be genital herpes? I'd really prefer not to have to tell future partners I have herpes if it's unneccessary

No, it does not seem to be genital herpes.

It is privilege assisting you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think it's likely that my HSV1 is located orally since percentage wise that's usually where it's at? Without having cold sores ever in my life it just makes me nervous and overanalyze things. Sorry to be repetitive, just nervous about it. Thanks!

You are very welcome.

HSV1 is prevalent in about 90% or more of population and do not cause any symptom. So yes, it is oral without any symptoms. Nothing to worry here.