Do you have known allergies and sinusitis issue?
I had surgery a year and half ago to replace a ruptured c5_6 disc replaced with titanium disc. Have been on same medications for years, and have had allergies since childhood.
1) infection or
This swelling can impede the Eustachian tube function. Following medications are used:
1) Decongestants; Sudafed (over the counter)
2) Antihistamines; Chlorpheniramine (Singlet) has best result and available without prescription
3) Steroids; prescription drugs
A concomitant chronic sinusitis also may be present. Following would be the treatment protocol;
1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.
2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.
3) Topical decongestant for short duration.
5) Steam vaporizer
6) Eucalyptus oil may help
7) Nasal saline irrigation
8) Vitamin C
9) Antibiotics; only if nasal culture is positive and there are signs in CT scan, which is recommended for the diagnosis.
For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection / allergy;
1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.
2) Ginkgo Biloba
3) Zinc 30 mg.
You should also get an EKG and echocardiography for the evaluation.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.