Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Recently I have been extremely fatigued and tired, light headedness,

Recently I have been extremely fatigued and tired, light headedness, dizzy, feeling like I could faint, heart palpates. My blood pressure is usually just below 120/80. But recently went to the dr and blood pressure read 100/65, next day 90/60 something. Blood work came back with a high B12 count (over 1700). They tell me it should be between 200 - 800. Everything else checked out fine (Liver, Kidneys, Thyroid, Iron) They have checked my b12 count twice within 2 weeks and both times was over 1700. They checked my electrolytes the 2nd time and my potassium was dangerously high. So I went back the next day to recheck potassium (stat) and it was normal. When researching online, I realized some of the symptoms correspond with an allergic reaction. I know I'm allergic to shell fish, so researched fish oil and I think I'm allergic to my fish oil supplements. Does all this make sense as to what's been going on with me?

Hello Jody,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

How long ago did you stop fish oil?
Did your doctor assign any reason for the low blood pressure readings?
Was an heart ultrasound (echocardiography) done?
Any significant past medical illness or family history?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I stopped taking the fish oil 4 days ago.

The doctor didn't say anything about my low blood pressure, I just assumed it was ok to be that low until I was reading online.

They did an EKG for my heart to see if there was irregular beating - nothing was detected.

I have always been really healthy.

Hello Jody,

These symptoms should resolve in next 3-4 days, if this is an allergy to fish oils, which is definitely the possibility of the diagnosis. If the symptoms persists, after that, you may consider following investigations, if not yet done;

1) EBV

2) Erythrocyte sedimentation rate,

3) Thyroid function tests,

4) Muscle enzymes;

5) Anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA)

6) Adrenal function test

7) Anti-dsDNA

8) Anti-Sm

9) Anti-SSA (Ro) or Anti-SSB (La)

10) Coombs test

11) Anti-histone

12) Peripheral blood film / smear.

Hormonal abnormalities like thyroid or adrenal would be looked by the above investigations apart from Epstein virus infection or immune mediated diseases.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.