Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

Hello I have had a pressure in my head for about a week, its

Hello I have had a pressure in my head for about a week, it's very uncomfortable. Feels like my heads in a vice at times. My ears are full of pressure as well and my eyes ache. My head feels like a balloon. My cheek bones are yellowing and I get a bruise under my left eye (looks like a black eye) can you help?

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Do you have fever?

Discharge from ears?

Checked your blood pressure?

Sleep issues?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, no fever, discharge from ear or sleep issue. My blood pressure was checked about 2 weeks prior to these symptoms.

Thank you very much for the useful information Steve.

The first thing you need to do is to get your blood pressure checked up. Although not very common at your age, but still this remains a very common cause for the symptoms you have (headache/pressure feeling).

Inadequate sleep or anxiety/depression (due to any reason) can also give you these non-specific complains.

The symptom that worries me the most is the black eye you have described --- this is serious stuff an occurs due to fracture of base of skull or trauma to peri-orbital areas.

Finally, ear infections, allergies etc can also give you similar symptoms.

Sometimes, viral infections (which can persist for a week or so) can give you such generalized symptoms and are usually self limiting. However its always better to check with the physician that there is nothing seriously wrong ---- it will put your mind at ease also.

You already have taken two kind of pain medications --- which in case have failed to bring any relief, its better to have this examined clinically by a doctor in terms of a comprehensive clinical examination (including a blood pressure check up as well).

Have rest.

Drink lot of fluids.

Adequate sleep.

All should help.

I would have been worried too if I were at your place, but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carries a good prognosis with appropriate management.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your help. Just wanted to emphasis the ache behind my eyes. Especially my right eyes which has the black underneath it My eyelid on same side has dropped. And the pressure I'm feeling is like a swelling ache not like a headache. When I bend down I have a massive pressure in my head to and have to straighten up sharpish.

Thank you steve.

These symptoms can occur due to raised intracranial pressure also which can occur due to infections, inflammatory conditions and tumors as well.

I will honestly suggest you to go to your doctor and have this examined discussing all the details i have mentioned to make sure there is nothing seriously wrong.

Goodluck.

Kindest Regards.