A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have an important question regarding the use of Repel Outdoor

I have an important question regarding the use of Repel Outdoor Fogger bug spray. My father used this product INDOORS to kill a cockroach while I was out. I fear that he may have walked some of the product out of the garage into the carpet, thereby contaminating the villa. Should I be concerned?

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.

Here is the link to the Material Safety Data Sheet: http://www.repel.com/~/media/Repel/Files/MSDS/MSDS-478-101-305-April08.ashx As you can see there is little to be concerned about if the product is not inhaled in concentrated amounts, and that is due to the hydrocarbon propellants. Once it is dry it is harmless.

All the best,

Schuyler

ξ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So if food were to be dropped, is it still edible, and should I get my dad's slippers cleaned?

If food is dropped on the floor it is never edible whether there has been a bug spray involved or not. No one knows what has been on the floor. If a dog or cat has walked on the carpet in the past, then that is far more concerning. You can wipe off the bottom of your father's slippers with a wet cloth. No need for cleaning.

Best regards,

Schuyler

ξ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We are on holiday, so no pets here in our villa. His slippers are dry and this occurred yesterday.

Then there is nothing to worry about. While you have no pets, a rental villa can have been host to many in the past without the carpets being cleaned. I woldn't do anything to the slippers if they are dry. The propellants have all evaporated and the insecticides are plant derivatives.

Best regards,

Schuyler

ξ