Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I Am 46 yrs old. 17th day of facial Shingles - I am about a

I Am 46 yrs old. 17th day of facial Shingles - I am about a week late on my menstrual cycle - is that normal- ?
Thank you
Hi--are your periods usually regular and is there any chance you could be pregnant? Was the cause of the seizure determined?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Pregnant no - seizure possible side affect of shingles - it affected same side of body that shingles is located
OK. First off, at your age, premenopause may be setting in and that can cause periods to be irregular or missed. That said, stress, especially the physical stress you've had with the shingles and the seizure, can easily cause a woman to miss her period. Other possible causes would be low thyroid conditions and polycystic ovarian syndrome. I think the simple answer here is that this is just from the trauma of the shingles and the seizure and your periods will resume next month