Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine (London), MBBS, expert in health and fitness (six years experience)

If I have my labs tomorrow morning at 9:15 AM for my physical,

If I have my labs tomorrow morning at 9:15 AM for my physical, can I eat sweets or drink alcohol tonight as long as I fast for 12 hours prior to the labs?
Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that it would be better if you avoid drinking tonight because can interfere in some test results but you can take sweets as in regular routine but you need at least 12 hours fastening before the tests so don't take any thing in these 12 hours. Don't take too much sweets but you can use as in your normal routine.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to click either 2 "poor service" or 1 "bad service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. My goal is excellent service which is rating 5. Rating of 4 or 5 is highly highly appreciated as this is the only way we doctors can get credit here. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.