911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

I have about 15 migrains a month and I take topamax and maxalt

I have about 15 migrains a month and I take topamax and maxalt and allergy meds and nasal med and they all help but i still have them what is your opion about the botx
I assume you are speaking about botox for migrain treatment.

I also assume you are under the care of a headache specialist, a neurologist, for your migraines.

If you are not, you should be, and if you are going to try botox it should be under the supervision and direction of a neurologist.

That being said, the FDA has just approved botox for the treatment of chronic migraines, and there is good evidence that with this specific type of headache that it works well.

HERE IS A HELPFUL LINK FOR YOU

As you can see, it is very important that your diagnosis be correct, and if you have chronic migraines that your neurologist thinks may be helped by botox I would not hesitate, if it were me, to try this therapy. It could be a wonderful thing for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions about my answer.

Best

911Doc