Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

Does klaricid has side effects when combined with other medicines

Does klaricid has side effects when combined with other medicines such as augmentin??

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

Yes, there are interaction of Klaricid with other medications. It is an enzyme inhibitor and thus increases the half life of other co-administered drugs. As a result lower doses of drugs need to be given to minimize the chances of any possible side effects.

But you need not to worry, Augmentin has no major interaction with Klaricid, rather these are usually given together (in combination) to many patients with respiratory tract infection or other infections.

Just continue with the usual dose of Augmentin with out skipping any dose.

Stay relaxed.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.