Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Whether its related to bladder infection or not i still have

Customer Question

Whether its related to bladder infection or not i still have fever
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Any specific symptoms--new ones?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No new symptoms. I feel the same way ive felt all week
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How long have you had the fever and why did you think bladder infection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I felt really warm earlier and so i took my temp. Like i said earlier was in er they said i have bladder infection
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
If it was a simple bladder infection why did they give you an intravenous cephalosporin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What were your symptoms? And did you have a fever in the ER?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to er cuz i was tachycardic. I had lower abdominal pain. Had slight fever in er
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Elevated white count? And what did they say about the tachycardia?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As far as i know wbc was fine. They told me it could be fast because of an infection. They told me i could take another atenolol
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, it's a bit of an overkill to use IV Rocephin for a simple bladder infection but they must have felt it was necessary and in that case, any infection that warrants IV antibiotics could easily cause a fever the next day or two. Just take some Tylenol if you'd like and let me know how you are in the morning, and, by the way, you owe me an accept
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Night
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today is going to be a long day. I was up at least 6 times last night. I kept waking up to hot spells.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did you take any Tylenol?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did last night before i fell asleep
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--we really don't need to dwell on this any more--fever's best treated with fluids and Tylenol.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then we're just chatting again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You keep saying that but you know the rules and you get angry every time I have to remind you. I just can't chat on this page when you didn't rate my answers on the other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You told me to let you know how i was doing this morning so i did and you say its chatting
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I left this page open just to see how you were but that's been done now. You know what I meant--you opened another page just to say you had a fever, and we'd actually talked about the fever on the other page, along with several other things. I could have chosen not to respond to this new "question," but that's not my style
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry ok? I wont talk to you anymore until wednesday. Will that make you happy
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It's not that I don't want to talk to and to help you and I know money's a factor here, but I can't just keep responding to you on page after page without an occasional rating--I can't seem to get you to understand that. And I would say exactly the same thing to any other customer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DO usually rate you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but then you start a page like this one where you must have known I wouldn't have anything substantial to say about the fever when we had already discussed it previously
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then just close this stupid page
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just so you know i AM sorry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No need to apologize
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you hate me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Of course not. You're way too sensitive if you think that when I'm a little stern with you that I hate you. That is a great example of how you think you need to make others happy by saying and doing everything they want you to say and do. And it's also why you apologize so easily even when there's nothing to apologize for
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just dont want you to hate me because you are the only one that listens to me and tries to help me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Rest assured, I don't hate you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything you wanna know
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not really
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you even want to know how my appt goes on wednesday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Which one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the mayo dr
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, let me know how it goes when Wednesday comes around
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill let youknow what my gastrin level is
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i upped the lorazepam back to .5 mg bud if i decide to stop taking it is it ok to just stop
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Would be better to taper it over a week or so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, first you shouldn't change the dose from what your doctor's prescribed and second I'm not allowed to tell you how to wean it--that needs to be under your doctor's direction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She told me when it stopped making me feel sedated i could go back up to the .5
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, do you think you need to go up on the dose?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went up to the .5 two nights ago
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--if you decide to get off it it'll take a taper.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You dont agree with me taking it do you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You're right. But before you say it, it's what your doctor prescribed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But the dr the rxd me it is the same
Woman that in her note she states i overeat
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I just don't agree that you need it and I would not have prescribed it for you and in her case she needed to give you great therapy instead of just trying to put a bandaid over a wound to hide it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have as many anxiety attacks since i started it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I just wouldn't have prescribed it and by the way, this kind of medication is only suggested as a treatment for anxiety on a short-term basis--maybe a month at the most.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know im suppose to take it until i see her again thats not for 6 weeks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just giving you the facts and my opinion--we don't need to beat a dead horse here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can you help me with
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me with any of my problems
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I've been trying that for months and have given you some thoughts and homework and guidelines, but, again, it's much more effective with face to face therapy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe if i had a good therapist
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully the one at the Mayo will do the trick. Listen, we need to close for now--not asking for a rating or anything but I have to be away. Get back to me on Wednesday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1060 calories :)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Great--keep up the good work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes me feel good about myself when you say that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not quite sure whats so wrong today but im strongly considering doing something dumb :(
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Can't really go there as you know. And this is a new subject and we really are finished with this page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need someone to tell me ill be ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You still owe me a rating on the other page. I can say you'll be OK but we really can't go on with this because of the way you introduced it above.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You really wont help me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I can but not on something where you mentioned you know what and you know that. We can talk about something else
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But i opened a new page
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I just got it--I responded to you there.