Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

A few days ago. I was trying to fashion a smoking utensl out

A few days ago. I was trying to fashion a smoking utensl out of a plastic pen for tobacco. I melted the plastic tip of a pen and may have inhaled some plastic fumes but it was only for a second or two. I instantly realized how stupid I was when the plastic started melting. My biggest concern is that this will not cause any brain damage or affect memory in any way. What do you think?
Hi--really nothing at all to worry about here. You'd have to be inhaling those fumes for several minutes even to cause any respiratory problems or to get dizzy. You can't possibly sustain any brain damage or memory problem from what happened.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So you're positive there are no adverse effects? Yes it only lasted maybe two or three seconds. I'm probably just paranoid. Is there anything I can take to improve brain function or at least memory? I thought I had heard of some vitamins that helped?

I'm absolutely sure about that. Vitamin B complex, Omega 3 fatty acids, and fish are great for brain function and memory
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay. because I had the pen to my mouth when I inhaled directly and the plastic burned. I suppose there is no cure for hypochondria? hah.

Therapy can certainly help with hypochondria--cognitive behavioral therapy is specifically designed for that. You didn't do any damage with this. Don't forget to rate my service to you