Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

I have a marble sized lump, that feels solid but almost moveable,it

I have a marble sized lump, that feels solid but almost moveable,it is to the left side of my vagina at the bottom of my bum, leg area. It is tender to touch and just began this morning. Sunshine
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Is there any vaginal discharge?
Are you sexually active?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no vaginal discharge,I am sexually active. I am a type one diabetic so I do get lots of yeast infections but this doesn't seem to related to the vagina or rectum at all, its between my left leg and left vaginal lip, base of bum. I do excersize alot and its the same place that hurt after white water rafting.

Dear customer,

Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I've taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you have described can be due to folliculitis.It is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.The damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.Another less likely possibility is of batholin's cyst or sebaceous cyst.

Most probably these symptoms are because of an infection in a hair follicle.

Apply ointment vagmycin vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum antibiotic with an anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription.

Most times these don't get too big and the body can deal with them by itself. Bigger ones need treatment with antibiotics

If still the symptoms persists then you need to consult your doctor for
examination & accordingly oral antibiotics & other medications may be
prescribed.

Hope this helped

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is nothing here externally that could be infected.It's not hot. Its deep and internal, could only be felt where its sore after pressing in. Could it be a pulled muscle? Should I try ice? Thank you

Dear customer,

I am happy to answer your follow up question.

As you said that its not external & is not hot ,so there can be a possibility of sebaceous cyst as said above.

Sebaceous cysts are not dangerous.Placing a warm moist cloth (compress) over the area may help the cyst.If it is painful (as is yours) oral antibiotics are usually required.Also anti inflammatory medication will be required for pain relief.

So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for examination to confirm the exact cause & then antibiotics & other medications will be prescribed accordingly.

Till than take tab. Acetaminophen
from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription
& will help you greatly.

Hope this helped

Please remember to rate my service
once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions,
please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Hi JA customer,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted your doctor?
Were you prescribed with antibiotics?

Let me know,
Dr.Charles
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. I did go to my gyne. on Monday and it is a bartholin cyst. It is not abcessed, so no antibiotic, more Like a watch and wait. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Sunshine

Hi JA customer,

The Bartholin's glands are two glands located slightly below and to the left and right of the opening of the vagina.

As there is no infection,so there is no need of any antibiotic.Just wait & watch your symptoms.Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you still have any questions in mind.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles