Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

how did i get this herpes 2, was it something could have gotten

how did i get this herpes 2, was it something could have gotten recently or had for years. Just noticed blister this year had like fever fatigue flu like symtoms. my friend says he doesnot have it but he had a fever blister do you think i got it from him i also had fever blister onmy mouth. have been under lots of stress kindof depressed i am not a depressed type person, could this have caused it? Also have not told anyone else but my friend he got tessted he does not have herpes 2
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : herpes type 2 is sexually transmitted but there can be some cross over between herpes simplex one vs two in the oral and he oral areas--( oral sex may do this) but still herpes two has a predilection for the genital area and simplex one for the oral area.... Common cold sore virus....
Anthony Bray MD : Yes you may have contracted HSV 2 years ago as the majority of time this virus just lies dormant....
Anthony Bray MD : You are right that stress tends to correspond with increased risk of activating the virus and thus give an outbreak...
Anthony Bray MD : As I mentioned a five day course of Valtrex or Famvir would tend to reduce the length of time that you have ulcers or sores--- they heal faster in other words...
Anthony Bray MD : I meant cross- over between oral and genital areas above... Sorry...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this information is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.
Anthony Bray MD : I encourage you not to feel ashamed due to this infection. It is very common and they dread that people commonly have with this diagnosis is much worse than the reality if the situation ...it is a nuisance and minor illness and is treatable...
Anthony Bray MD : let me know if you have further questions. I'll be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray MD : if my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback! Thank you and best regards !
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice