Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

This is M I am 67 years old have many symptoms of prostrate

This is M
I am 67 years old have many symptoms of prostrate cancer PSA 7.9 frequent urination at night. Have delayed doing a Biopsy changed my diet hoping symptoms would decrease and they have.
Last week I noticed a burning sensation and pain in both armpits that travels down the ribs about 4 inches. It feels much like a shock then a burn. My arm pits are tender as if burned. I can feel what seems like a pea sized node under each arm that is tender seeming to be the center of the pain.
our days prior to these symptoms I was trying to start an old lawn mower pulling many times with both arms causing sour muscles in my shoulders and back that is gone now.

Do these symptoms sound like damage to muscles and nerves from pulling on the lawn mower? Could they be symptoms that prostate cancer has metastasized to the lymph system?
The lymph node size has not changed I check them several times a day. Could this be causing the burning tender condition? I can not see my doctor for another two weeks.
Thank you for your input.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

How frequently do you feel the burning sensation or pain/ shock like feeling in the armpits?

Where do the sensation start exactly?

How long do they last?

When did you last see doctor?

Did you take any medicine for this symptom?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is very low grade worm feeling most of the time. It increases with movement like lifting or touching that area much.

The sharp pain lasts only seconds and only if I jar my body as running or going down the stairs quickly

I have had the symptoms for two weeks the sharp pains or shock feeling is less as time goes on. The warm or hot feeling is continuing or increasing. No meds are taken for this.

Thank you Mike, for the information,

Though higher the level of PSA, the higher the risk but high PSA is not always diagnostic of cancer.

Inflammation & infection of prostate can also cause rise of PSA.

Urine infection can also cause a rise.

But you need to follow up with your urologist & if he suggests biopsy, you should have it.

The lymph nodes with pain under the armpits are unlikely to have any relation with prostate cancer.

There can be an infection/ lymph adenitis or inflammation of the lymph nodes. Folliculitis is also possible.

There is also possibility of nerve impingement where the pain can radiate down the arms & can increase on moving the limbs.

I would suggest to consult your doctor to have an examination.

You can apply warm moist compress there.

This will help to reduce the inflammation.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is Folliculitis?

Why would symptoms be equal in both arms pits?

Folliculitis is inflammation of hair follicles there.

Equal shock like symptoms can be from nerve impingement but local tenderness & feeling of nodes can arise from inflammation of those nodes.