Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

I have an impacted wisdom tooth for a year now on the bottom

Customer Question

I have an impacted wisdom tooth for a year now on the bottom left side it has no tenderness at the moment and no swelling l, but for the last 24 hours the jaw bone from the top of my ear insidemy ear allthe way down to my chin I've been getting sever aching and very sharp pains only after I eat my lymph nodes are swollen on that side and I am now taking 4 500 milligram Tylenol instead of two just to kill the pain there is also a throbbing in in this area and my jaw bone is warm to the touch just below ear
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Is there any redness, swelling below the ear?

Do you have any sore throat, cough?

Can you see your teeth, throat by mirror?

Did you take 4 of 500 milligram Tylenol at a time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No redness some swelling yes sore throat just started along with a slight cough yes i can see my teeth / tooth there are no external signs of infection on or around the impacted wisdom tooth and pain immeadiatly begins after eating or opening and closing my mouth no history of trauma with jaw and yea the pain is so sever i did take 2000 miligrams of tylenol just to make pain ease

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

The pain, warmth, swollen glands can be from an infection.

I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.

Sore throat & cough can be from an upper respiratory infection.

Lymph node can enlarge in throat infection & there can be pain with swallowing.

However, tooth infection needs to be ruled out too.

You will likely need antibiotics for it.

Please do not exceed 2 tablets of tylenol in single dose & 4 grams of Tylenol in 24 hours.

This can have toxic effect.

Try to alternate with ibuprofen if tylenol is not helping.

You can also apply warm towel or heat over that area.

That can have soothing effect.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Regards.