Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have been having pain along the upper bone of my pelvis.

Customer Question

I have been having pain along the upper bone of my pelvis. At times it aches in my groin area. It comes and goes... last night I woke up with both my shin bones burning. I am a 60 year old female. I am in very good health other than this. Oh, I should mention that I do a lot of stairs, carry my 16 month old grandchild around and spend a lot of time on the floor. This makes my knees ache.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Customer:

hi

Anthony Bray MD : it could be arthritis as a possible cause at least with several of your symptoms such as the knees and the groin pain... The hip joints usually hurt in the groin area and pain may radiate to the but tucks.
Anthony Bray MD : buttucks... I meant...
Customer:

so, would carrying my grandchildren up and down stairs cause this to flair up?

Anthony Bray MD : the shin pain sounds like shin splints... Do you do a fair amount if walking??
Customer:

I lived in Haiti most of my life and as a community health nurse walked up and down mountains and hills... but never had this

Anthony Bray MD : The groin pain--- does this bother you with standing??? This would fit potentially with hip joint caused pain....
Anthony Bray MD : yes carrying the child up and down stairs would be expected to make this worse!!
Customer:

at times.

Anthony Bray MD : i would start with trying Aleve 1-2 tabs twice a day with food if you have no stomach trouble and no history of kidney disease...
Customer:

well, that makes sense ... I hate the thought that it could be arthritis but I have a family history of arthritis, neuropathy, and hip problems.

Anthony Bray MD : I would advise follow up with your doctor for exam to help confirm the diagnosis and establish your long term treatment and follow up plan...
Customer:

ok... thank you so much. I had such a great doctor in Haiti and have not been able to find one here that I am comfortable with so appreciate this info. I will continue my search for a doctor here

Anthony Bray MD : Well I don't want to wish anything bad your way of course... It does sound from your history consistent with arthritis though ... ( not good but could be worse problems of course...)
Anthony Bray MD : I hope the information is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!!
Customer:

Well, you don't create the problems right... just help fix them. Thank you very much.

Anthony Bray MD : You are very welcome!
Anthony Bray MD : Take care and best regards!
Customer:

To you as well

Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice