Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I found out I have herpes 2 have alwsys had fever Blisters.

I found out I have herpes 2 have alwsys had fever Blisters. I feel ashamef and have not felt well. I am 58 was very healthy never had to much wrong tske vitamins, exercise eat pretty heslthy, really have to now. Got a uti, then had au cysts that have had for yesrs cone up have had it lanced before, have felt awlful, maybe in my head my drs nurse called me about it and I was so devasted stayed sick at my stomach could not eat just felt crappy. Got some prif for the cysts it drainec drnking lots of water and cranbery juice for uti feel a litle better lower back is hurting now.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : i think that you should be instructed some about heroes type two as I think you are living with too much fear and shame as compared to the reality of the situation!
Anthony Bray MD : First of all about 20% of adults test positive for heroes type2 . It is very common.
Anthony Bray MD : It is a close relative of the common cold sore type herpes or herpes simplex one....
Anthony Bray MD : If you have an outbreak with sores - blisters and or ulcers-- that occur in the genital area then that would be consistent with an outbreak of herpes. This may be treated with a five day course of an antiviral antibiotic -- Valtrex or Famvir -- most commonly used.
Anthony Bray MD : For the occasional person that is unlucky and has five, six or more outbreaks within a year then taking one tablet a day of Valtrex may be recommended. This strategy also has been shown to decrease risk of transmitting the virus say to a sexual partner if that is a concern.
Anthony Bray MD : The infection of herpes for the typical person lies dormant the vast majority of the time....
Anthony Bray MD : It should not make you systemically ill...
Anthony Bray MD : if you have reason for your immune system to be suppressed then this can become more of a concern...
Anthony Bray MD : I would advise you to follow up on the UTI... You may need antibiotic treatment for that . It is a separate issue to the herpes...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope that this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray MD : If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback . That would be very much appreciated! Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD