Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi, I dont smoke, but I really like the idea of the electronic

I don't smoke, but I really like the idea of the electronic cigarettes. I believe one of the newer brands, Blu, has flavors like cherry and vanilla. Are there negative health effects associated with "smoking" the flavored electronic cigarrettes?

I believe some contain nicotine and some do not, how much of a difference would that make?

Hi--the jury is still out as to the potential health risks of e-cigarettes although certainly they don't cause the potential damage that the tar and nicotine of regular cigarettes can. The flavors added would not be a problem and the non-nicotine brands would be the safest. My advice would be, since you aren't a smoker to begin with, you not indulge in drawing any chemical vapor of any type into your lungs.