Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

plan b and other pills

I am on birth control and on Topamax for migraines. My boyfriend and I have no desire to become parents so we use backup birth control especially since topomax lowers the efficiency. He's been on an anxiety medicine and has trouble climaxing using a condom and hes more aware so we haven't been using them as much. He climaxed inside of me a day ago and I am considering plan b. I wanted to know if it was a good idea.

Hi. Of course to use Plan B is a decision you and your boyfriend would hopefully make together, but If you take it today it will prevent a possible pregnancy. Although the chances are small for conception here, depending on where you are in your cycle, the chance of pregnancy aren't zero so if you want to be sure to prevent a pregnancy, Plan B would be the correct course of action.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Week and a half into my new pack of pills

No problem there but if you do take the Plan B continue on your pills as usual.