Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Today I lost a dear friend she was 78 I found her today and

Customer Question

Today I lost a dear friend she was 78 I found her today and she had past she had dried blood on her mouth and some that dripped into her hair since she was only my dear friend for 23 yrs not blood related she has a daughter but has not seen her in 9 yrs once I helped the police contact her daughter they would no longer speak to me and they took her to get cremated which is what she wanted but for me I have questions I last saw her at 10:40 pm and she usually come over in the early am to walk my dog a
I overslept and when I hadn't heard from her we went over to her place I have keys that when I found her called 911told them I was goinh to give her cpr but when I pressed on her chest it made a gurgling sould so I new she passed please advise my heart really hurts I miss my friend
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 years ago.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry about your loss. I can understand your feelings.

Was she taking any medications?
Was she suffering with any ailments?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She had some high blood medication but she was not taking it for the last year even though she know she had a high blood pressure problem.

No she never complained about anything.

There is a strong possibility that her blood pressure had risen suddenly. This can cause massive heart attack or bleeding in brain (brain hemorrhage). This can cause sudden death. My heart goes for you. But she is likely to die immediately. Even if you have gone earlier in the morning, there is quite a chance that she was beyond help. Again very sorry for the loss. This is very difficult to reconcile.