Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

have a bump on right middle finger with green in it very painful

have a bump on right middle finger with green in it very painful does anyone know what this is
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Did the bump come up by itself?

Did you get pricked?

Does it drain pus?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just came up by its self. right beside middle fingernail. It is swelling and looks like it has a puss head with white and green in the center

Thanks June. This looks like "acute paronychia" or infected skin around a finger nail.

As a pus center has already formed, it needs to be drained. This will heal the infection quickly. You can also get it treated with a course of oral antibiotic but may take about a week or so for complete healing. You should see your GP for this. You can soak your finger in warm water to reduce the pain. Take advil OTC for pain relief.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
If you have any new questions for me, you can request me as DR. BORA in the opening statement of the question.

Have a nice day!