Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

Happy 4th, I have a few quick questions 01. Ive been

Happy 4th,

I have a few quick questions

01. I've been getting a blood in my stool for the past 2 days. It's bright red. The blood is on the surface of the stool (coat) but only just a small part of it (about the size/length of an index finger). Also I see blood on a tissue paper too (fresh red blood).

This time around it comes with no pain at all and no constipation.

I had this a while ago (a few times), but they always came with a very sharp pain, but not this time. So I'm worried due to the fact there was no pain presence.

02. Probably about a month ago, I notice that a small part of my stool was dark and tarry (just a small part of it, the rest was brown). But it happened only that day, the following morning it was brown as usual. I don't recall I ate/drank anything that could have been be the cause

03. For the past 3 weeks, I always wake up with a muscle fatigue. But during the day I don't feel fatigue at all. Sometimes close to the evening I'd feel tired, but I can do activities with no problem.

Doctor, I'm well known for my anxiety that causes me so much stress. At one point I had a 24/7 dizziness for the whole month, after the MRI showed nothing, immediately I felt relieved and the dizziness went away. I think the muscle fatigue may be related to the stress. I feel it amplifies whenever I stress out about it.

I have an appointment with my doctor on the 15th to do check up etc, but I want to get your opinions as well.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX am expert in field of medicine and will try to assist you with your questions.

Customer:

Thank you Dr Alam

Dr.S.A.Alam :

These are typical symptoms of hemorrhoids, see this link below for details

Dr.S.A.Alam :

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hemorrhoids/DS00096/DSECTION=symptoms

Dr.S.A.Alam :

In most cases it is self resolving

Customer:

Oh cool

Dr.S.A.Alam :

and goes to normal in few days

Customer:

I will definitely have it checked too

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Things to worry are

Dr.S.A.Alam :

too much blood

Dr.S.A.Alam :

severe pain

Customer:

but I just wonder, usually I felt a pain pressence but not this time, so I wonder if it could be something more sinister

Dr.S.A.Alam :

no these are hemorrhoids. In other cases

Dr.S.A.Alam :

like you are worried

Dr.S.A.Alam :

there are symptoms of weight loss

Dr.S.A.Alam :

abdominal pain,

Dr.S.A.Alam :

night sweats

Dr.S.A.Alam :

abdominal swelling may be present

Customer:

Oh i see

Dr.S.A.Alam :

so watch these symptoms for excess bleeding and pain

Customer:

I don't have any of those

Dr.S.A.Alam :

use isphagula husk(herbal agent)

Dr.S.A.Alam :

or metamucil to soften the stools

Customer:

Gotcha

Dr.S.A.Alam :

take more water

Dr.S.A.Alam :

juices,

Customer:

Yes

Dr.S.A.Alam :

In most cases it does not lasts more than a week.

Customer:

Sometimes I feel bloated but I think it responds to what I eat normally

Dr.S.A.Alam :

You have questions ?

Customer:

Actually I do have 2 more questions

Customer:

I wrote it on the desc

Dr.S.A.Alam :

ok

Customer:

Customer:

03. For the past 3 weeks, I always wake up with a muscle fatigue. But during the day I don't feel fatigue at all. Sometimes close to the evening I'd feel tired, but I can do activities with no problem. Doctor, I'm well known for my anxiety that causes me so much stress. At one point I had a 24/7 dizziness for the whole month, after the MRI showed nothing, immediately I felt relieved and the dizziness went away. I think the muscle fatigue may be related to the stress. I feel it amplifies whenever I stress out about it. I have an appointment with my doctor on the 15th to do check up etc, but I want to get your opinions as well.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

As the black color was only for one day or less so it is nothing to worry

Customer:

Gotcha

Dr.S.A.Alam :

because in bleeding it lasts for longer

Customer:

Thanks doctor

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Your tiredness and muscle aches can be due to stress

Dr.S.A.Alam :

anxiety

Customer:

I think so too.

Dr.S.A.Alam :

but i do recommend getting a blood test like

Customer:

But I'll definitely have it checked

Customer:

Yes

Dr.S.A.Alam :

blood CP to check for hemoglobin

Dr.S.A.Alam :

if not already checked

Dr.S.A.Alam :

If normal then no need to worry.

Customer:

Yes, I will communicate that to my doctor

Customer:

If not, what could have been?

Dr.S.A.Alam :

In most cases it is due to anemia and taking more iron supplements helps

Dr.S.A.Alam :

to resolve this issue.

Customer:

Gotcha

Customer:

I think thats it doctor

Customer:

thanks for the time

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Ok, you are welcome.

Customer:

I will rate it excellent

Dr.S.A.Alam :

Thanks

Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience: MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K
Thank you.

Come back if you need more help. Have a nice day.