Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

I have been drinking Reverse Osmosis water for a few years

I have been drinking Reverse Osmosis water for a few years now- I've heard that it doesn't contain minerals. How should I supplement my mineral intake?
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, the best way to supplement the minerals you need or do not obtain drinking the Reverse Osmosis water is through your diet or taking a multimineral supplement .

The main minerals you need are calcium, magnesium and potassium .

You need 1136 milligrams of calcium , 380 milligrams of magnesium and 4044 milligrams of potassium on a daily basis .

Drink 1 cup of low fat or regular milk with enriched calcium cereal and eating a sandwich with low fat cheese for the calcium .

For the magnesium ,you could 1 cup of spinach or 3 ounces of bran cereal.

For the potassium , eat high potassium food sources like potatoes,bananas , kidney beans and fish .

There are three other essential minerals are phosphorus ,chloride and sodium , which you can obtain eating a lot of fruits ,vegetables,celery ,tomatoes ,nuts and legumes.

If you want to use a supplement ,good options are multivitamin multimineral supplements like Centrum,Alive Daily Energy or Solaray Mega Multi Mineral.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied .

Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.