Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

am planning to get pregnant and had intercourse after 5 days

Customer Question

am planning to get pregnant and had intercourse after 5 days of my period but after 3 day i saw blood spot when i wipe urine now am getting worried ...i do not want to waste monye and see the doctor with a minor issues...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 3 years ago.

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

Do you want to chat live with me?

Dr. R. Bora :

Enter the chat format.

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

yes

Dr. R. Bora :

How long is your menstrual cycle? Is it 28 days or 3o days?

Dr. R. Bora :

Is it regular?

Dr. R. Bora :

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

regular

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

sorry is 28 days cycle

Dr. R. Bora :

Thanks.

Dr. R. Bora :

So, the most safe period when you are least likely to get pregnant is between 1 (first day of period) to 7 days and days 21 to 28 days.

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

so what makes blood spots after mestruation becouse am getting stressed or is there any possibility that i might be pregnant

Dr. R. Bora :

So, if you had intercourse about 5 days after your period, you are less likely to become pregnant. But this theory is not 100% and one can sometimes get pregnant during the "safe period" also.

Dr. R. Bora :

Are you sure the spotting is from your vagina?

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

Yes it is bcoz whn i whip there is blood no the toilet paper but nothing on the painty liner.how many days should i wait to check

Dr. R. Bora :

To check pregnancy by the home kit, you will have to wait till you miss your next menses.

Dr. R. Bora :

However, blood tests check for the HCG pregnancy hormone within the first 7 days of missing your period.

Dr. R. Bora :

I think the spotting could be due to ovulation itself.

Dr. R. Bora :

Sometimes ovulation can also cause slight spotting.

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

Sould i have to be worried

Dr. R. Bora :

No, you should not be worried because if you were pregnant and you had spotting, that would mean early abortion.

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

never happend before and i also do not want to be excited thinkng that i might be prag

Dr. R. Bora :

But even it is too early for abortion just 3 days after intercourse.

Dr. R. Bora :

Yeah, I understand your point...

Dr. R. Bora :

You can at best get an ultrasound of the uterus now to see if there are any early changes of pregnancy.

Dr. R. Bora :

This will ease off your worries...

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

so i must consult my gyno but i have an appointment on the 25 this month ofter an operation

Dr. R. Bora :

What operation?

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

I had an operation on april cleaning my overies coz i did pep smear and the results were abnomal

Dr. R. Bora :

Oh! You never mentioned me that?

Dr. R. Bora :

The bleeding could be due to abnormal PAP smear..

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

sorry about that

Dr. R. Bora :

That is a very important point.

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

i did pap smear in April and i went to surgery cleaning my overies ....i had normal periods after that and i decided to plan to get pregnant last month its whn i notice that i had blood sport after periods and 3 day after intercourse

Dr. R. Bora :

Alright. I think you should get an emergency ultrasound now to see the status of the uterus, endometrium etc. this is important because if you cleaned your ovaries, there may be some changes in your hormonal status that has caused the early spotting. You should talk this with your regular doctor and if the ultrasound is abnormal, call up the obs gynae doctor's office and talk over phone for an early appointment.

JACUSTOMER-bsfbek6y- :

Thank you so much

Dr. R. Bora :

Sorry, you can rate me now.

Dr. R. Bora :

You are welcome!

Dr. R. Bora :

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

It was a pleasure assisting you amanda...

If you do not have any more questions, please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Hello again Amanda, we had a pretty long chat which was wonderful. Just wanted to remind that you did not rate my answer, if you did not have any more questions!

Hello Amanda,

How have you been doing? Just wanted to ask if you need any more help from me.

Thanks,
Dr. Bora.