Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

I have had a headache for last 3 days ( dont usually get them)

I have had a headache for last 3 days ( dont usually get them) and my Blood Pressure is quite high - 183/91 should I see my GP soonest?

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

Yes, soonest.

Rather as per standard guidelines, if you have any reading above 180 (systolic) or 110 (diastolic) you should head towards ER for urgent evaluation and management as blood pressure readings so high pose you at a greatly increased risk of heart attack and stroke.

So better go to ER if the readings remain so high.

Goodluck.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.