Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

Hi im having an issue as im 4weeks late for my peroid and i

Hi im having an issue as im 4weeks late for my peroid and i have been late before but have had a peroid come but never this late and still have no peroid come. I have taken 2 first responce pregnance tests following the instructions to a tee and they hve come up negative. But i have been feeling bloated and gettig weird carmps. Wat do u think i should do?
Any other medical problems or medications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No other problems or medications im on the pill microgargen 12
Okay. Well, at this point if you are negative for 2 pregnancy tests, then you are not pregnant
The cramping is likely the start of your period.
When you are young, it is pretty common to ovulate later than usual or not at all for the month, particularly if you are stressed out. This is called anovulation. The most common reason is stress related and it is the most common reason for a delayed period (other than pregnancy)
If you don't have your period for 2 months, then you need to see your gynecologist for a work up- they will check your thyroid and prolactin levels.
But at this point, there is nothing for you to do other than wait.
Motrin and warm compresses may help.
Of course if you develop severe pain, vomiting or fever, then you need to see a doctor right away.

Hang in there
Please leave positive feedback if this helped :-)