Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Has anyone heard any problems withBlincon colored contacts

Customer Question

Has anyone heard any problems withBlincon colored contacts for astigmatism? Since dura soft was removed from the usa market after 33 years that i had worn dura soft. I was forced to get my prescription anywhere i could hence Blincon. Whats know about safety of Blincon lens?? The Fda gave me no choice. Jd
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question:

Blincon is not a approved by the FDA for sale in the USA. Here is a link to the FDA website that lists all FDA approved contact lenses.

There are dozens of similar lenses available (FDA approved). Your local eye care professional (optometrist or ophthalmologist) could help you find the best replacement product.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope only one contact was my needs and the plastic irritated my eyes. I checked with eye doctors i meantioned that. Since uas fda gave me no other choice removing dura soft out side us eveyone wantinf color contacts and astigmatism goes. Check your info.
I understand. Unfortunately, the Blincon lenses are not FDA approved for sale in the USA. The sites that are selling these are located outside the USA. Without FDA regulation and oversight, the safety of these lenses can not be determined.