Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

Hi. I went to the ER 2 nights ago for a severe headache. They

Hi. I went to the ER 2 nights ago for a severe headache. They did not run a CT scan because I've already had one done in early June (for the same reason - severe headache). It seems to originate on the right side of my neck (when the nurse hit a spot towards the middle, it felt tender) until it takes over the right side of my head, eventually taking over my whole head. They gave me a migraine cocktail: toradol, benedryl, and a steroid. It dulled it, but did not get rid of it completely. I feel it coming back now. I have an appt with my regular MD on Friday, but I won't last that long with this pain. What should I do?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

So, I assume the CT scan was normal and the headache is likely due to migraine.

You need to continue those prescription medicines as directed and also try a few home remedies to prevent the migraine attacks.

A well-known home remedy for migraine is 50 gm of cumin seeds mixed with 50 gm of honey. This mixture is soaked in fresh lemon juice and allowed to dry in the sun from morning to evening.

Eat 5 gm of this mixture on an empty stomach to cure migraine in no time.This will help you control the headaches along the prescription medicines.

Listen to music and avoid bright lights.

You should also try to do mental relaxation exercises like yoga for long term migraine relief.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Thanks Elyse.

You can also use an ice pack over the tender spot every 20 minutes for one hour and repeat it again every 2 to 4 hours.
You can also lie face-up on a bed with your legs elevated and your head hanging off the edge, allowing blood to circulate to the affected area. Use this in combination with ice therapy to immediately reduce inflammation of the blood vessels.

If you have any health questions for me, please request me as DR. BORA in the opening statement of the question.

Have a good sleep now!