Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Thank u. i am going to see neurologist on tuesday full of

Thank u. i am going to see neurologist on tuesday full of hope that he can prescribe something and help. Doc i also have a question regarding my son he is 13 and a hlf. Sometime he can have a headache which with two advils goes away. Also he told me sometimes when he lays and then gets up everything goes black and he gets dizzy for five seconds
How long and how often has that been going on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the headaches he can have maybe once a month the getting up and stuff maybe six month. in march he had pnisical all was good. also i dont know he wears glasses his vision is notso good

OK. Really nothing too serious here. I'm going to be forward thinking here and tell you right off the bat this isn't a brain tumor or an aneurysm or anything serious. It sounds as though there are just times when he gets up from the lying position too fast and it takes his body a few seconds to regulate his blood pressure and bring it up a little. We all have a little drop in blood pressure when we change positions like that. Sometimes it happens when we're a little dehydrated. The fact that it only lasts a few seconds means it's nothing serious and I wouldn't worry about it. A once a month headache is nothing serious at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

doc hello all day ifeel pressure burning heart burn. all i ate was sushi and cottage cheese with some bitter chocolate. same worry heart

Have you tried taking anything for the heartburn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no just water.ofcourse my thoughts r since i didnt eat anything to cause it it must be heart

We can't keep going over how this isn't your heart again and again. If it's a burning pain it sounds like indigestion so at least try some Maalox or Pepto Bismol.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

doc thats my holiay as i told u i wasnt feeling goodntoday then my husband asked me to walk as i wylked i was having tremendousnpressure in my chesti was walking with my mouth open i had to come back after 25 minutes my arms feel heavy i am sweaty and on top of it my mother in law came i cant even act like i dont feel good. i am afraid this is it

Oh, please--why on earth to you think this time this is it when what you're describing you've had time and again and your still here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this time seems kind of different indigestion heavy arms couldnt walk really bad pressure now back pain heavy arms burping

You haven't described anything new. And if you could walk for 25 minutes there's nothing wrong with your heart
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but i was severly out of breath like opening my mputh trying to catch mybreath. when i move my body my back on the left hurts also my arm. doc its a bad bad day for me

I understand and I'm not trying to be harsh with you. What you usually call shortness of breath really isn't from what you've told me--it's your anxiety telling you you aren't getting enough air.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

also when i am tryingbtontake a deep breath it hurts and i dont know if u can understand it it feels sour in my mouth my chest fisicslly hurts

None of that is your heart--heart pain isn't at all like that. The sourness in your mouth is gastric acid reflux and the chest pain is likely from that. If you'd just take some Maalox or Pepto I'm sure that part would go away
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

doctor chip my friend help me yet again. ok i walked today three miles, went to outlets was fine. but what did have is indigestin burping. ok came ho,e and my mother in law started telling me step by step how my brother in law died . i am now out of breath thinking now whether my doctors missed anything thinking that my last stress and echo were mor

in 2011

Same fears as before. Again, if you were able to walk three miles and are having the very same indigestion symptoms you've always had, this isn't your heart. And you should have told your mother in law to close her mouth the second she started talking about your brother in law
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

r u there

Yes and I gave you a reply just above
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

doc as ,uch as i wanted to i can do that for two reasons it happened five month ago and she is greabing second he doesnt know about my issues. tell me honest do i need stress or echo . i am honest after what she told me i am now scared to walk again. pleas be patient with me . its just heart scare take over everyday life

OK. Don't stop the walking. That walking--believe it or not--is a stress test and you are passing a stress test every time you walk like that. You definitely don't need another echo. I know how much this worries you but you have to stop obsessing on your heart. You will be fine. Now it's time to close this page with a rating.