Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

my voice doctor told me that one of my vocal cords is stiff.

my voice doctor told me that one of my vocal cords is stiff. I have had radiation
therapy for cancer of the voice box.

I have finished the treatments and the cancer is gone. But my voice is much
lower than it was before treatment.

My voice doctor says nothing can be done. Is my case hopeless?

Thank you.

N. Howard
Cleveland, Ohio
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, although your voice doctor told you ,there is not hope or solution for you .

I always advise all patients to consult at least 3 doctors , you can not trust 100% any doctor .

You need to consult other specialists so you can have at least 3 different opinions .

There are 4 alternatives you could try to improve your condition including :

1- Voice Therapy Sessions

2- Alternative or new treatments under investigation with the National Institute of Health , their phone number is 1-800-411-1222 if you want to participate in one of their studies .

3- The third option is the surgical treatment, if there is nerve damage, they could take other nerve and replace the damaged nerve, they could inject the stiff vocal cord with a bulking filler substance or place an implant taking external vocal cord tissue and pushing that tissue inward.

4- There is also a voice center in the Massachusetts General Hospital , they create new treatments to improve the voice , here is the phone number where you can contact them : 1-617-726-1444.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied .

Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.
Hi Norrise,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Dr. German