Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

My cat scan results showed "focal low density in the bilateral

My cat scan results showed "focal low density in the bilateral globus pallidi. compatable with remote injury"
what does that mean?

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

An area of decreased density is an area that is likely fluid

Dr Brims :

This may be due to bleeding, or it may be due to damaged brain tissue

Dr Brims :

It means that the area where this occurred is damaged or abnormal, and the remote injury means that is may have occurred more than 48 hours ago, it may even be weeks ago

Dr Brims :

There is a possibility you had damage without knowing it, like a fall, or it may be due to a mini stroke also called a transient ischemic attack

Dr Brims :

It may also be due to very small bleeding called lacunar infarcts

Dr Brims :

Usually, controlling blood pressure helps prevent lacunar infarcts, but for now, the exact cause can only be determied after an evaluation with a neurologist and a possible MRI

Dr Brims :

I am still available to answer any questions on this topic, if I do not respond to you within 10 minutes,and you cannot wait , you may leave a time when you will return so I can be sure to be available

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Were you able to see my replies in the chat session?