Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

hi there i recently had sex with a escort girl who now works

Customer Question

hi there i recently had sex with a escort girl who now works on her own, i have asked her 3 times if she is clean but i still unsure, would it be possible i have HIV
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

Well I certainly hope that you are not HIV positve but seeing an escort or sew worker is of course risky type behavior...

Customer :

hi there

Anthony Bray MD :

You should be tested!

Anthony Bray MD :

I would strongly advise you to try to adjust to safer sex practices...

Customer :

i have been the health centre and gave me pep, im so worried

Anthony Bray MD :

Well it does not help to worry to excess...

Anthony Bray MD :

Just work to take bettter care of yourself!!

Customer :

what you think are the chances i could have it, ive always been a worrier and never planned to do anything like this, she told me 3 times 100% clean

Anthony Bray MD :

? PEP ... not familiar.... maybe acronym unique to UK ??

Customer :

some drugs to help prevent disease after just having sex

Anthony Bray MD :

Well a sex worker is going to tell you that in all likelihood...chances are better that she was probably negative abd that you are still negative but you should be tested..

Anthony Bray MD :

Keep in mind with modern treatment that people are going decades with HIV and not dying as was occuring back in the 80's....

Customer :

she works on her own now though

Anthony Bray MD :

works on her own as a sex worker?? or just works apart from that now??

Customer :

works on her own now as a sex worker

Anthony Bray MD :

That is still no safer....

Customer :

its probably more unsafe, im shaking like a leaf with fear

Anthony Bray MD :

If you see her at least use a condom! Prefer that you not see her or other sex worker as practice though...

Customer :

i will never go near her or anyone like that ever again, im too scared and keep thinking i will die

Anthony Bray MD :

Well people do unwise things due to sex drive everyday... still we are compelled to try and get you to steer to healthier and safer behavior for your own good....

Anthony Bray MD :

I would advise that you test for HIV and repaet times one in 3 months to be absolutely safe of your recent contaact with her...

Customer :

i know, just dont know where to go, i cant talk to my parents about it either

Customer :

i going gum clinic on monday, will they know the results there and then

Anthony Bray MD :

Chances are better that you will remain negative but still I can't tell you that yoiu are freee of risk in this situation. You could opt to talk with a professional counselor or perhaps a close friend...

Customer :

i dont have any friends feel to embarrassed and ashamed

Anthony Bray MD :

Probably not ... blood tests take several days.. there are some immediate screen tests so it depends on the test used. Often a combination of tests are employed...

Customer :

what do they include

Anthony Bray MD :

Well it is natural to be embarrassed of the subject. You may benefit to consider seeing a counselor so that you may air your thoughts and feelings in a private setting.

Customer :

dont think i could afford that, what would be my first symptoms if i had it

Anthony Bray MD :

Well the HIV antibody tests are commonly used. These are reliable and are usually blood used for the tests...

Anthony Bray MD :

I would advise asking the clinic where you are tested as to the specifics as there is considerable variation in possible tests these days...

Customer :

ok, hope i am clean still, really hate myself

Anthony Bray MD :

Don't hate yourself! That is not productive! Simply strive to do better in the future! That is the best that you can do!

Customer :

would u say its 50/50

Anthony Bray MD :

Everyone makes mistakes....

Customer :

i know but its the worst mistake in my life, feel so ashamed

Anthony Bray MD :

NO your chances of being positive are probably more in the range of 0.5 to 5 % or perhaps less depending on the area and the prevalence of HIV in that specific area...

Customer :

i live in liverpool uk

Customer :

so i wouldnt have a clue what its like to be honest

Anthony Bray MD :

I am in the US and not specifically familiar with your areas prevalence rate...

Anthony Bray MD :

By comparison in the US New York City would be high risk ...

Customer :

ok, my concern was she never did a bj would that make me think she is hiv

Anthony Bray MD :

rural Kentucky would be low risk...

Anthony Bray MD :

No you can't tell anything from whether or not she performed a bj....

Anthony Bray MD :

If you had anal sex with her then eisk would be higher to you...

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope that this is helpful to you!

Anthony Bray MD :

Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD

Customer :

u mean doggy as in anal i get confused

Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there i been experiencing smelly stools from back passage and burning sensations from urine and rear. Ive also bled from inside too worried now

Hello again ,

Has the blood been rectal bleeding? Streaks of blood on stool? This type would most often be due to hemorrhoids or fissure (anal) you may have benefit to apply Vaseline to abus once a day for two weeks. You may benefit to take a stool softener daily.

Now if this is blood in the urine then you may need to consult your doctor on that. Different possible causes but infection of urethra would be most suspected here... It would need further evaluation and treatment.

If rectal bleeding is ongoing or scary volume the see your doctor!!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions or discussion. Best regards ,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks for your reply.

The blood was from a spot in my anal passage but has now stopped. I have noticed white marks on leg which when googled net look like hypopigmentation can this be caught from her. I have also noticed a number of spots like a a raised bump in clusters..i think they look.like molluscum
Contagiosum please help

Hello!

Molluscum contagiosum has a distinct appearance that is slightly raised with a small dimple in the middle. You may have your doctor check the appearance if you wish. It is caused by a virus. This particular rash actually usually resolves on its own in several months time. It may be sexually transmitted or non- sexual.

Glad to hear that the bleeding sounds to have resolved. It sounds that it may have been a hemorrhoid...

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions. Take care,
Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi again i have been the doctors but they didnt want to know. I have now been getting tiny red dots on my shoulders chest and side. They are really small and dont itch. Im starting to get more and.more.of these..i had a hiv test at 2 weeks negative tho at moment.

I am pretty convinced i have it am petrified as hell now. Constantly freaking out. Went docs and said its acne but im not convinced. Please help

Does it sound as though i got hiv

When would red spots of.hiv appear

Hello!

No you do not sound that you have HIV at all!!

There is no red dot rash in early HIV disease...

Perhaps you may be noticing some small cherry angiomas.

The main thing is that you are worrying way beyond the need to do so!! You need to relax!! You are OK!

Use your common sense and take good care of yourself and you will be fine!!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further discussion. Take Care!!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc thanks for the reply. I always get worried and when i get things in my head like this i cant stop it. The msrks i described are light coloured at the moment and are getting loads.

I have read that you can get acne through hiv.

I been trying to relax but cant. Im so desperate to get tested but everywhere says too early. When can i go i cant even sleep no more.

Hello!

You really need to calm down!! HIV is a disease of the immune system and every type infection may be made worse by it. You do NOT have evidence of HIV at this point and it is unlikely that you will ever have it!!(Unless of course you continue to pursue high risk activity such as having sex with an escort or doing IV drugs with shared needles.

You will just need to wait a bit to test and rule out HIV but it is probable that you do not have it despite the risky behavior that you have engaged in. I vaguely know that Liverpool is a large city but I have no recollection of this being a very high risk area....

I hope that this is helpful for you! Let me know if I may be of further assistance to you! Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc. Thank you for the reply. I will try calm down it aint thst easy i get so worked up.

Ghe spots sre not the cherry angiomss. Do you know when i csn get tested. How do i get molloscum isnt that a symptom

Hello again,

Right , well you really would most benefit from a doctor and perhaps best a dermatologist to examine your skin to see exactly what you are referring to. Dermatology issues really benefit from visual exam!

Molluscum contagiosum is caused by a virus but may be spread by either sexual contact or non sexual contact. It is not uncommon to see this rash in young kids for example. It has a small dimpled appearance. If this then this type of skin lesion is harmless. It tends to go away on its own over time but may be several months. It can be treated if you desire that.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions! Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc u have been helpful.

Can you get acne spots at my age. Never had them before. When is the best time to get hiv tests. Is 2 weeks a good time

Hello!

Yes you can get acne at your age. That is certainly possible.

For HIV test I would wait a bit longer.. say 4 weeks...

I hope that this helps. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc thanks for all your help so far. I feel like i have been a pest. I do seem to be getting more of these small dots. Im trying to upload the pic but it wont let me. I really hope i get the clear but im living under so much pressure now.

What are the chances i have hiv. What are the early symptoms The spots are reddish little spots with no heads to them

Hello again,

Small red bumps is not a marker of HIV. I think it unlikely that you have HIV.

Early HIV may be without noticed symptoms but may have a viral syndrome type feel with aches and somewhat swollen lymph nodes. (Don't let your imagination run wild >>PLEASE!!)

Some people are able to upload pics but i can't really tell you how (I'm not that tech savvy!!)

Take care!!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im trying not to let my imagination take over but i cant help myself. I keep looking on the net. Keep looking for things. I rend to freak out at anything new.

I though red spots are symptoms. What do acne spots look like

Hello again,

Acne goes through stages and usually the different stages are apparant at any time. Red bumps, then raised and a bit tender>> then a pustule may develop(whitehead) These may be in combination with ioly skin and many blackheads or dark material in pores. More advanced acne may have larger a somewhat deeper boils that are sore. Axs the lesions heal they may leave scars or indentions in the skin...

I hope this helps. Take Care!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The spots that i have suggested are not raised though. They are just little tiny red blotches like little pin holes. I have looked at acne pictures and mine are nothing like them which suggests to me its not acne. I have only got these sudden spots since i been with that girl. I asked her again if she was hiv and said im a cheeky get. Also have white lines and blotches that have appered on my legs front and back with a spot sort of oinky and.light purple.

Hello again,

Your description does not sound like acne>> I agree with that.

It does not sound suspicious for anything connected with HIV either however.

I can't tell from your description what your skin diagnosis is. I would advise that you have a dermatologist take a look at the bumps.

I do not think that you have HIV. Try to relax on this point! Try not to let fear get the best of you. Proceed with the recommended testing though to make sure that you are indeed clear in this regard.

I hope this helps. Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for agreeing that there not acne. They seemed to have changed in colour to a slight brown like a frecle colour.

I hope i dont have hiv as i know i will not be able to cope.

I will always be in fear though as i am such a negative person. Once i get something in my mind it wont go till i know im healthy. Im one of those people who is scared of dying. I can never live with myself for what ive done and im sure paying the price now. I dont have anyone to talk to abkut it and petrified of the outcome.

How reliable is a test after 3 weeks. I have been the gum about 5 times now and there sick of me being there. Also been a and e 3 times and my own doctors 3 times too. I feel as though i have nobody to talk to and as though nobody intetested. Im sorry to keep pestering feels like the only person i can talk to

Hello again,

It is fine to talk with me. You have a classic case of a health phobia. We see your type of reaction to this fear of HIV (or other malady in many cases) all the time. You are not alone in having these feelings. It is just fear that has run crazy however. Try to calm down and quit punishing yourself!!

You will be OK! Really!!

So hang in there. Let me know if i may be of further help! Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks im glad i can talk to.you it feels like i can try to relieve fear. My parents think i go overboard which i know i do it drives them crazy. All i want is to turm the.clock back wishing this was a nightmare but i know.icant. I cant even get a gf or nothing. I even.mentioned this to a nee girl then she left. I get so depressed already been through enough with diabetes and epilepsy and a cancer scare. Cant even sleep nomore and just cry all the time

Hello again,

Well it sounds that you are currently dealing with s serious degree of depression. You may need to see your doctor about your depression if you have not already. You should be able to get a girlfriend in the long run. Don't be so pessimistic! Don't continue to punish yourself either >> we all make mistakes...

Hang in there! Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks i just want to be safe and get my life on track. How accurate a test after 3 weeks

Hello!

I think that your test after 3 weeks would be on the order of 95% accuracy.. We would typically recommend one later follow up to make 100% sure that your were free of the virus.

I agree with you being safe and to keep on track. Best of luck to you!!

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for all your advice. The gum clinic say to.mr 6 weeks i dont thinki could wait till then. Would a rapid test be accurate after 3 weeks

Hello again,

It would depend on the exact test used but I would think less accurate with those...

\

Take care,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thankyou.

Does this.service still cost me. Im glad and thankful for your suppott.. im.off work with stress at mo. Im guessing fed up with me

Hello again,

No I am not "fed up " with you!

Happy to help to what extent that I can. The service only costs you in proportion to the number of times that you accept an answer. We allow for several follow up questions at no added charge...

I hope that this helps. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi again.

I have noticed that i have now got.white spots all over my tongue does.this indicate i have something

Hello!

It sounds that you may simply have some coating of the tongue. You might have some thrush here as a possible cause( thrush usually not 'spots' though...

Do they hurt? Are they sore ? If so then have your doctor take a look. It may be in part that you are more vigilant of details that have been present all along. We see this type phenomenon commonly...

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if have further questions. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc.

They dont hurt and are not sore.

I seem to mostly getting them on the left of my tongue. My tongue has also like a green colour . Could it be hiv as white spots is a symptom. I was relaxed until i seen these now freaking out.

Hello again,

Your description sounds atypical but not sounding to be anything typical if HIV disease either. Have your doctor or an ENT specialist take a look. It is impossible to tell what e a exactly is going on from your description alone... Your tongue symptoms do not sound typical so I can't tell you a probable diagnosis here.

Try not to freak out with fear however. That does not help anything!!

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean by sounds a typical. Im at the e on my own so worried though. Ive got even more of these red rashes again. Im sure there something wrong somewhere

Atypical = unusual // not common....

I do feel that you are letting fear get ahead if you though. Do get these complaints checked but stop presuming the worst!! That will help if you can manage this!!

Take care!!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand. I do try and not live with fear but it always wins. Any idea what my problem could be. When is the eatliest.time that you can hiv spots

Hello!

Your description does NOT sound like an HIV related rash. So try to not worry about that. I would advise getting the skin spots and to to get the tongue irregularities checked out. If you are able to you may be able to post pic to this site... Some people can but I'm not very technically savvy in this regard...

I hope this helps some... Take care,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. What are usually the early stage symptoms of that so i can convincey myself.

Im trying to get these checked at a and e but i cant waiy in here much longer asmiles away from home..i cant even get in my docs till 3 weeks

Ido u think its possible i dont have hiv from one episode

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi only me again

I am pretty sure that the spots in my mouth are little blisters. A couplr of days ago my mouth was burning. Is this a symptom. I have also lost 2lb in weight within the last 4 hours which is not normal. Please help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have now noticed a big red patch in my eye where my eye is white it is now blood red filled. What is happening any ideas

Hello!

First of all the red spit on your eye sounds consistent with a scleral hemorrhage. This is a simple small burst blood vessel over the sclera or white of the eye. It looks terrible but is generally harmless and heals within a few days and requires usually no treatment at all.

The blisters in the mouth or tongue would seem to be most likely due to the common cold sore virus. This is the HSV1 virus and 90% of adults have it but it is most usually dormant. This may resolve on its own without treatment but anti- viral antibiotics are available that would help these sores to heal a bit faster. ( Valtrex or Famvir ) are a couple of examples of MEDS that may be used for this problem. It is nothing major but more if a nuisance. Cold sores are more likely to develop when you are stressed out.

I hope that this information is helpful for you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then I would ask that you consider accepting a second time on this group of questions due to the number of follow up questions. This would increase the reimbursement for my time and I would greatly appreciate that.

Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you! Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What u mean by a second time grouping.

I hope i have nothing serious. Aint the blisters part of a sti. Im convinced i have now.

I have not got any cold sores present . Im a scared msn

Hello again,

No a second ACCEPT with positive feedback would be appreciated if you would like to. That is up to you. That would give me added reimbursement. I routinely ask this with more than ten follow up questions...

The blisters are more likely part of cold sores caused by HSV 1 but it is possible that it could be due to HSV2 which is the herpes virus which is an STD. The blisters may be cultured. Either of these viruses may be treated with anti- viral antibiotics.

I hope that this helps. Let me know if you have anything further. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

How much is the charge as i dint havd no money hardly atm

I am scared about all these things havent been tested for herpes yer

Hello again,

There are a couple of ways to test for herpes ( HSV1 = cold sore virus// HSV2 is the genital herpes type but there is some cross over --- some HSV2 orally and some HSV1 that may involve the genitals) if you have an open ulcer it can be cultured. You can also have blood tests for antibodies against these viruses( IgM is a recent or ongoing infection being fought but IgG type antibodies linger for years to guard your system..)

I hope this helps. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sincerley thank you for all the help and.guidance you have shown towards me. I do feel more at ease today.

Do many people get hiv from one episode of what i have done. I really hope that i can get out of this horrible mess i am in.

My clinics advised me i cant get tested.for hiv till another 2 and a half months. Surely there is some sort of nearly 100 percent accurate before then.

Hello again,

It sounds that they must have a cost savings policy in place to avoid the cost of testing twice.... You can test for antibodies to HIV sooner but it sounds to me that you are up against some cost savings requirements for testing. You can of course inquire from more than one source but it may just be policy...

It is not likely to catch HIV from regular intercourse by a male from a female with a single encounter if the female were HIV positive. Homosexual encounters have a higher rate of transmission. Anal sex has a higher rate of transmission. So it would seem unlikely that you have HIV... Still seeing and having sex with an escort is higher risk and should of course be avoided!! Even so a single or couple of encounters would be less likely to lead to HIV than you fear...

I hope that this helps. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you. Best regards ,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That seems quite positive. Its stupid.cost cutting though you would imagine peoples lives are more important.

Imy dad had noticed.that i seem to have got.more freckly brown.moles since exposure.could these be the sign of.anything

Hello again,

Freckle type tan or brown macules( flat) or moles ( slightly raised) would probably be nothing except perhaps induced by increased sun exposure. It does not sound like an infectious problem or anything to really worry about at this point from your description.

I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have anything further! I will be happy to get back with you. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that doc.

My dad has just seen that the inside bone of my nose is red and inflamed right by my hairs inside my nose. It seems swollen. Hope this is not serious

Hello again,

If the inside nostril is red ,sore, swollen then this may need to be treated with an antibiotic. This happens to be a common area colonized by staph germs. It can lead to more of an infection. Staph germs are carried on our skin all the time but occasionally do cause infection. ( this is NOT an STD that I am referring to at all by the way!! ) just as you may occasionally get a pimple or a small boil the same germs may affect the inner nostril. I would advise getting some Neosporin over the counter and applying a small dab twice a day to the sore area and watch this over the next several days. Most of the time it will go down and resolve on its own but if it gets worse with more swelling diffuse redness of the nose then have your doctor evaluate it. It can need an oral antibiotic at times.

I hope this information helps. I hope that this settles down soon for you. Let me know if you have further questions. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi thanks just seems to be all coincidental that im getting all these thongs from that girl. i have also read that ear nose and throat.problemscan be a early sign of hiv. Everything seems to be fallingapart. Im tempted to go a and e again what do you think

Hello again,

It is fine for you to go to an A and E . You are being strongly I glued by fear at this time though so just keep this in mind. At normal times some of these things would seem to be no big deal to you( the nose irritation) and others would not have been noticed at all!! ( the enhanced freckles) So I can tell that your fear and paranoia is magnifying some of these issues!! So I simply advise that you try to take this factor into account and try to calm down! If your nose is quite sore and this concerns you then sure it is fine to have this checked out!

I hope this helps! Feel better soon! Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know i am.probably going over the top. Not all of it is red just a bit inside and the nostril is half closed. There seems to be a dot in it think its white. Could it be herpes

Hello!

No it does not sound like herpes at all to me with this sore spot in the nose. It sounds like a small boil developing. These are most often caused by strep and staph species of bacteria but others are possible. As first step I would advise that you obtain either Neosporin ointment or triple antibiotic ointment. Apply a dab to a Q-tip and swipe the area two or three times a day. If getting worse over three days with this treatment then have a doctor check it. ( having it checked at any time is of course fine)

It does not sound like heroes though so I feel that you can relax in this regard.

I hope this helps. I hope that you feel better soon. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.doc

I do suffer from a lot of boils but never had one there before..as you can see im a very scared.man right now. One thing keeps appearing after ankther. Im genuinely not like this. Im a really concerned guy who needsa arm around my shoulder..been clinics today and.they just didnt want to help me. Feel as though am against the whole world right.now anf cant cope no more. God.only knows.what i will do if diagnosed with hiv i probably do something stupid as.cannot cure.it.

Im putting myself through mental torture. Im fearing the.worst and.the.longest weeks and.months.of my life

Hello again,

I am sorry that you are suffering from this awful fear. The stress from it does make you more likely to suffer certain problems such as acne , boils and cold sores though . So in this way I think that the stress itself and not HIV Is related to you having these problems. The fear magnifies everything of course and makes it seem like everything is closing in on you. I wish that I could guarantee you that you did not have HIV but unfortunately I can't go that far. I can say that I feel that it is very unlikely to be positive in your case. If it should( God forbid) come back positive down the road then talk to me and I will help you guide through the crisis. No there is not a cure but it has become a very manageable and treatable disease( treatment does not mean the same as cure... Many people confuse this point... We can treat diabetes for example but there is no cure)

Try to remain calm for now. Work on the problems at hand and try not to project falsely that they mean ominous underlying problem. They do not!!

I hope this helps! Take care and best regards!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.for your.appreciative words. Ive been praying every night.for the past 2 weeks. I really hope i dont get it..i will never get a gf cos.of it. My parents will hate me forever. I already feel ashamed.and.let the whole family.down. i do get the odd.pain in my groin but i guess thats nothing to worry about. Just want to be back.to normal and.wish i could.turn the clocks back. Id probably have a heart attack.at.this rate. Ive.not beem.tested.for.any std.apart from chlamydia and.gonorrhea.and.the results.are.still not back been 8 days now

Hello again,

Well try not to torment yourself. Chances are better that you will eventually prove negative. You should be able to then get a girlfriend without problem. ( my advise on this small point is to avoid being too frank and honest about seeing an escort... I appreciate the need to be honest with another person to have a good relationship but I feel that that is just something that you would be best to bury and not share with others. It does not make you an awful person. Many people ( well everybody ) makes mistakes and most of us would prefer not to share well what is the worst thing you have ever done.... I hope this makes sense. I am not trying to encourage you to be dishonest but trying to help you cope and not be self- destructive within your relationships either!! There is a sensible balance here I believe!!

I think that your life will get back to normal again. So try to be patient and hang in there.

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yy

Hi again. I have checked the nose again they is around 5 or 6 little small blisters inside. Defo not a boil. Ideas

Hello again,

It may be a cluster of boils as a possibility. A herpetic type outbreak would be possible but is NOT common to the area within the nostril. I have seen cold sores just below the nose...

you may have this cultured and this may determine the cause. Even cultures are not 100% though as sometimes a culture fails to give a result.

I would advise that you have it checked cultured and treated though since it appears to be a cluster..

I hope this helps. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi what do you mean by have it cultured.

Just tried showing parents but just told.me to go away. Could it be anything to do with hiv or any std..

Hello again,

I don't think that this is related to HIV or STD related . You obtain a culture with a sterile swab which is then placed in a special container that is designed to preserve the virus or bacteria( two separate types of cultures must be done to check for both)

I hope this helps. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi again

Would the a and e do this. Would i get my results then..its frustrating im getting all these things

Hello again,

Most a and e facilities would probably at least do the bacterial culture but every facility may not be as fully equipped for testing. Many may not perform or send off viral cultures and some may not do bacterial cultures. You can always call ahead and see if they perform these specific tests. The tests are sent to a lab. Usually bacterial cultures are giving results in 2 to 3 days but viral may be two weeks...

I hope this helps. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could it be serious though what i may have

Not sure if getting flu symptoms. Its been really warm here lately not like normal britain. Runny nose a bit but i do have hayfever. What do they mean by severe flu symptoms in hiv

Hello!

I doubt that it is anything serious.

I do not think it has any relation to HIV.

You may have an infection in the nostril that would benefit from an antibiotic. I do think that is certainly possible. As I noted you may start with trying a topical antibiotic such as Neosporin. An oral antibiotic might need to be added if this were due to a bacterial infection( Keflex, Bactrim, Cipro as potential options)

I doubt that you have influenza as it is nearly zero cases at this time of year but allergies and cold viruses are possible causes of runny nose. ( nasal spray Atrovent actually works great for runny nose for any reason)

I hope this helps. Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well i hope its not the flu as that i know is a big symptom. I will try and get that ointment and see how i get on

Hello again,

Ok - well I hope that you feel better soon! Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc.

I have been the a and e they didnt want to know. Didnt even check me.out.

I have noticed the white cluster of blisters the same.as.my nose ones going all the way along my top gum. Any ideas im sure.ive got.some sort of infection but im getting nowhere with answers

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc

I am pretty sure that these are early signs of herpes. Im scared now even more. My lips have gone totally dry. I just dont know what to do. I have also read that there is more chance that i have got hiv is this correct. There appearing in my nostril tongue and lips. Is there no treatment for these.

Hello again,

If you have herpes in this area --- that is possible-- but it is more likely to be HSV 1 in this area!! Not likely to be HSV 2 or genital herpes ( it is possible as there is a degree of cross- over between the oral area and genital areas between these two cousin viral infections. ( mainly due to oral sex exposures) either HSV 1 or 2 may be treated with a brief course of Valtrex or Famvir usually for a five day period and this will help an outbreak to clear up faster. HSV is not a serious infection unless you have a seriously compromised immune system. For the most part these infections are more just a nuisance and embarrassment. They may be readily treated to shorten the course and speed recovery.

In some individuals with more than five or six outbreaks per year it is an option to take one daily tablet of Valtrex and this reduces the likelihood of an outbreak or transmission. This is usually applied to cases of genital herpes and not the cold sore version.

I hope this I formation helps. It does not predict that you have HIV-- still have to wait and be tested in that regard.

If you have further questions then let me know. I will be happy to get back with you. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc

By my description with the nostril and.now.lip.incident sounds like.i got herpes. I think im starting to get them on my penis too.

She has probably given me every sexual infection. Im more than 100.percent i have HIV now. My mouth has gone all dry and chapped cant even stretch it. Am i best not using same cutlery soap etc..i cant even get tested anywhere. I dont know.what to do nomore. Im petrified for my life. Im going to die i know.it im also losing weight too. Lost 2lbs by sitting on a bus how that possible

Hello!

You are totally freaking out without reason!! Pull yourself together man!! You do NOT KNOW IF YOU HAVE HIV!! It sounds that you have the cold sore virus HSV 1 to me but the rest of your panic is based in a bunch of imaginary bull!! So get a grip!! Go to the doctor and get the cold sores treated and ask again about HIV-- tell him it has been three months or four months since suspected contact. Then you will get an answer. There are ways around rules! Don't act helpless for Pete's sake!! Then wait two months and go to a second doctor with a good story and get tested again to be double sure!! Then with two negative HIV tests behind you then thank God and get own with your life!!

You are not falling apart except emotionally and this is not necessary!! Life will go on and you will be fine!!

I hope this helps ! Let me know if you have further questions! Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc

I know im a tormenter. Its not easy going through this. They really hurt. Im a mouse when things are like this. I defo have an.outbreak there ony cheek too.

Sm.i best to use different soaps and towels incase my parents catch it

Hello again,

You can use a solution of bleach in water or an anti microbial soap or towelettes on the bathroom counter and this would decrease potential transmission. Of course don't share glasses or bottles of drink. Don't share a toothbrush if course. It is not the level of crisis that you make it out to be!!! 90% of adults carry the cold sore virus!!

So please try to relax!! I assure you that you will be ok through this!! Taking a few days if Famvir or Valtrex are options to help your cold sores heal faster. Ambusol is an over the counter product that would help with the pain until they heal.

I hope this helps! Best regards! I hope you feel better soon!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

I just dont know why she lied to me. She said she was clean but obviously she not. Very concerned what else she has. Aint the chances a lot higher of having hiv

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc

Since our last conversation al my skin on my botXXXXX XXXXXp is peeling off and all white. I have had dry lips as previously stated. Is this herpes. I know i keep asking but i have read that hiv can be a symptom of this. Do you still think the chances are low that i have this terrible disease

Hello again,

Dry lips are not suggestive of HIV. I still think that your risk of HIV is low.

I hope this helps. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc

Could it be down to stress. All my botXXXXX XXXXXp has peeled offy parents sayits dry skin too but i never rarely get it like this.

Am an in such an emotional distressed state.

Keep going for extended long pees which could be to another std. Still getting spots everywhere and my penis smells like coffee and has red blotches all over it

Hello again,

I think that you are just stressed out to an extreme degree right now and you are imagining maladies wrong with you that don't even really mean anything!! Your urine smells like coffee? Quit smelling your urine. Quit staring in the mirror! Quit over- examining your skin for spots or discoloration!! You are only creating illness where none exists!! Chill out!!

Take care of yourself. Get the appropriate testing. Quit worrying so much about these tiny little things that don't really mean anything!!

I hope this helps! Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc

I am taking your great advice on board.

I really am trying my upmost best but its so so hard..its frightened me and i will regret it for the rest of my life. Mh hardest part is controlling my emotions. Once i get something in my head i never let it go until i had every test clear. I did this once when thought i had cancer

Hello again!

I understand where you are coming from. Health fears may be absolutely paralyzing. You do need to get past your current fear and guilt and get on with your life however. Similar with your sense of guilt you need to realize that we all make mistakes. This does not make you a monster or horrible person. It was a mistake. It was a bad judgment. Realize that the VAST MAJORITY of people have made poor or regrettable judgments when it comes to sex however!!! This is not unique to you at all!! You need to be able to forgive yourself and just strive to use this experience to behave with greater wisdom and less risk in the future!

Your life is not ruined or over. You will be ok and able to pursue a normal life. Try to realize this and try to let your panic abate.iI realize that you need that negative HIV result to get on with a normal life but I strongly believe that this will indeed be the case!! So hang in there!!

I hope that this helps! Let me know if you should have further questions. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My biggest fear is that if im positive i will have to tell the rest of my family. It was hard enough telling my parents. Ive never been popular with the girls as it is and im sure no girl will.get with.me if hiv. It was a terrible mistake. Just wish there were tests i can get done. Im at 3 week stage this tuesday im tempted to go gum clinic again but there probably.sick of me being there

Hello again,

I realize that it is torture for you to be patient. At this point that is the main thing you need is to have some patience though. Remember the saying that " this too shall pass" . This is classic to your situation. I know the fear of HIV is terrifying and I am sorry that you have to endure this fear at this time... I really think you will be negative but I of course can't prove this to be the case at this time. It does not help you for your imagination to run out of control with crazy paranoid ideas of illness ( like the urine smelling like coffee-- come on!!) so do your best to hang in there let the needed time to pass.

Try not to be so pessimistic! Easier said than done I realize. Know that many many of your peers go through similar fears with waiting for an HIV test. This is common. You are not alone at all in your situation! So don't play these mind games that your life is over!! That is of no help to you!!

I hope this is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!! I hope to encourage you to hold onto your normal self. Your life is intact and you should be most likely able to have a girlfriend in the future. Try not to sink into despair!!

Best regards ,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can i ask what do swollen lymph nodes look like. Do they appear at the side of the cheek..

Can i also ask what makes think i could be negative. How can you tell a hiv person

Hello!

No enlarged lymph nodes tend to occur in the anterior neck area, armpit area, and groin area but lymph nodes are throughout the body .

You can't usually tell if a person has HIV in the early stages. There is a short illness that may accompany the early contraction of this illness but it is frequently not diagnosed at this early stage.

I hope that this information helps. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc

The reason why i asked.about the lymph nodes is that my the muscle on yhe right of my face by may jaw hurts when eat. Feels swollen

Hello!

Well there could be different causes for this. It sounds to me that you may have some TMJ syndrome as a likely cause of this symptom. This is inflammation of the hinge joint of the jaw. This does not sound lymph node connected nor HIV connected.

This thread is getting very long and if you continue to have questions I would ask that you start a fresh thread. You may ask for me and that would be great. The long q and a's take longer for the computer to load and sometimes "stick" or whatever it is that computers do. That would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok i will try a new thread that mean i have to pay again

Hello again!!

Well an additional payment would be appreciated on my part as I do invest a lot of time here!! It would be appreciated. I do not expect payment after every question but those folks as yourself whom ask 30-40-50 questions then yes I do expect some added compensation. I want things to be fair and enjoyable between us!!

I hope that you understand where I am coming from!

Let me know if you have further questions or discussion and I will be happy to get back with you! Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi doc

I have tried creating a new thread but dont know how to without starting from scratch again.

I have been back the gum clinic but they wont test me and sent.me straight out the door.

I have now experienced loose watery stools like diaorrhea and lost 4 1/2 pounds in weight. Also my muscle in my seized up couldnt eve straighten it but that may be coincidence. Any ideas. I have also.devoped another pinky/purple spot on my leg which is little raised too

Hello again,

For the most part you describe events that you would typically pay attention to. Some diarrhea ( if ongoing may benefit from Pepto Bismol as a start ) a muscle cramp by itself does not mean anything....

The weight loss you describe is minor and not considered clinically significant .

I hope this helps. Best regards ,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI again

Thanks doc. I do appareny suffer from diverticulitus maybe thats.my diarrohea. Havent had a solid one for years..i asked the gum clinic about the chances of having hiv they say low risk. More likely to get hepatitus. I really hope that im ok but i guess i have to play the waiting game. They still have not got results.from gonorrhea or chlamydia tests yet been 11 days which i dont think is good on the nhs surely they should be back by now

Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m Camille, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Camille

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

V

You can close it unless i dont get charged for a new person

Hi , you are not charged until you are satisfied with your answer. Do you want me to continue to look for a professional for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No thanks