Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi, I really dont know if you will know the answer to this

Hi, I really don't know if you will know the answer to this but I thought it was worth a try, don't worry if it is not your field and you don't know the answer.

Both my children have been sick quite often (a fever every 2 weeks from November to May). I started giving them Astragalus 3X a day and golden seal every time they show signs of sickness. So far it is working (it has been 2 months since their last sickness). What I want to know is how long I should continue the astragalus for? Do the effects continue in the system once I stop or once I stop, it is like they never took anything.

Again, it is a bit of a specific question so it is fine if you don't know, I will still give you a positive rating.
Hi--can I ask what the dosage is that you give them with the Astragalus? How long do you give it to them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I give them Deep Immune Kids-Astragalus Combo, 3-4 times a day for 2 months. I don't see the % of astragalus but I am giving 15 drops 3-4 times a day. Does that help?

Thanks. There are no good studies on the effects of using Astragalus long-term of children, but it can overstimulate the immune system and cause allergic-like problems so you should not give it to them for more then six weeks and only during flu and colds season.