Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

I work out with weights a few times per week, and this morning

I work out with weights a few times per week, and this morning I noticed that I could feel something in the top part of my pectoral muscle. I'm not sure if it's a lymph node or not. I checked the other side and I was able to feel the same thing on the other pectoral muscle as well. It doesn't feel like an isolated circular lump, but more like it's a little bit longer. It is palpable on both sides, so I wanted to see if you had an idea of what I might be feeling.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Does it hurt when pressed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a little sore, yes.

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for the useful information Sean.

Most likely a muscle knot (spasm) secondary to exercise.

Other possibility is that these can be pads of fat (one can have these normally).

This does not appear to be a lymph node as per your description.

Have rest and watchfully monitor this for any increase in size/persistance of pain.

If this get worse or increases in size, have this examined by your doctor to make sure this is not some thing serious (and i also beleive that this is not anything sinister as per your description).

Stay relaxed.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You may remember, I asked about the lymph node in my neck that I had the benign needle biopsy a month ago. I've been kind of monitoring everything pretty closely recently because of that scare. My main fear was lymphoma originally, but with the negative needle biopsy of the node in the neck, I can safely rule that out I believe. I do have a complete physical in two weeks, so I'll make sure to bring this up then, but it doesn't seem like it would be related.

You wouldn't be overly concerned at this point, correct?

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Not at all.

Stay relaxed.

Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience: M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties