DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

My brother has Parkinsons disease and in the last few months

My brother has Parkinsons disease and in the last few months he has been having hallucinations and acting paranoid.He has been on Sinemet for about 5 years. Are these side effects due to the drug or the disease?What help is available for this and how do I locate a neurologist who is naturopathic in his or her practice?

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that we have a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Camille

Hello
It can be either one.

Where are you located?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am located in Lathrup Village Michigan 48076.We are adjacent to Southfield,Mi and Detroit,Mi.

OK
You are not going to find an MD neurologist who is also a naturopath.

Does the patient have a neurologist currently?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am looking for a neurologist who is also open to using some natural techniques.I am sure they exist.The patient returned to the metro Detroit area from Atlanta and we are in the process of locating a doctor. All suggestions are welcome.

I would find a good neurologist and also find a functional medicine doctor.

In fact you might find a neurologist who has taken at least the beginning of functional medicine training, if not, an internist.

There is no specific need to use a neurologist for parkinson's, as internists are trained in this as well.

See the practitioner list at this site.

www.functionalmedicine.org

This is evidence based medicine, but also incorporates naturopathy.
OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Practice Director