Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

My ears have had some sort of blockage in them for over four

Customer Question

My ears have had some sort of blockage in them for over four months in february through March and I believe it is allergy related. I have tried Zrytec, Sinus rinses, Claritin and have had tried two different prescriptions of antibiotics within the past four months. I occasionally get different symptoms through different weeks such as itchy eyes, coughing and sinus congestion which goes away but the one thing that is always constant is the uncomfortable feeling in my ears. It is not an actual pain it is just a feeling like I constantly need to "pop" my ears. This fullness in my ears makes me have vertigo and makes it difficult to do lots of movement such as going on runs. The fullness feeling makes me feel constantly in a blur throughout whatever I do. I have also gone to an ear mouth and throat specialist and my hearing was said to be fine. I have not had this much trouble with allergies ever and have never had anything drag out this long. I dont know what else I can do to treat my ears and get rid of the blurry feeling
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear that.

After reading your clinical symptoms and medicine history, I find that you are having chronic ET block. This is usually cured with antihistamines, decongestants and antibiotics , which you have already tried.

But you may be having chronic block which generally requires corticosteroid nasal sprays like rhinocort or nasonex. You have to get back to the ENt doctor and get a prescription for these nasal sprays.These medicines are usually effective for all kinds of chronic ETD and I am sure you would respond too.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Hello ,

How have you been doing?

I have answered your question but if you need any more help, I would be glad to help you.

Thanks,
Dr. Bora.