Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
Hello, I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.Has the calf pain / tightness restarted?Do you have swelling, redness, tenderness in calf?Are you back movements painful?Are you on any medications / supplements / herbs?Any significant past medical history?
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
Hello Carol,Ice pack can be applied. Yes this is normal for the pain to disappear on rest (and come on slightly strenuous activities like climbing stairs).It is privilege assisting you.Dr. Arun
2) Garlic extract
4) Artichoke extract
5) Green tea extract
The cholesterol, triglycerides can also be controlled by the lifestyle approaches and dietary strategies. Following would be very helpful to lower them;
1) Dietary fiber; Soluble fiber is present in foods such as beans, oats, barley, and fruits and vegetables. This decreases absorption of cholesterol.
2) Phytosterols; Phytosterols are present in small amounts in nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils. Numerous studies have shown that phytosterols lower LDL-Cholesterols. There are many products on the market that contain phytosterols for total- and LDL-C lowering. These products are orange juice, yogurt, margarine spreads, salad dressings, breads, cereals, milk, and granola bars. Phytosterols also are available in soft-gel pills.
3) Soy protein is the major component of soybeans and decreases triglycerides and cholesterol.
4) if one is over weight, just weight loss also reduces the cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
5) Physical activity; regular aerobic exercise is effective in reducing blood lipids and proven by many studies.
6) Alcohol; if one takes, limit it to 20-30 ml per day.
Following dietary pattern may be helpful;
1) Red meat in low frequency and amounts
2) Minimally processed seasonally fresh foods
3) Less than five eggs per week
4) An abundance of plant foods; fruits, vegetables, potatoes, breads, grains, beans, nuts, and seeds
5) Olive oil as the principal source of dietary fat
6) Fresh fruits as the typical daily dessert
7) Wine in low to moderate amounts; one glass per day for women.
So life style care measures, diet and supplements would be able to lower your cholesterol.