Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I had a needle biopsy of a cervical lymph node in my neck a

I had a needle biopsy of a cervical lymph node in my neck a month ago, which came back benign. The lymph node hasn't reduced in size at all.

I have the Air Conditioning people here right now replacing our A/C unit and there is mold in the A/C ducts. I'm getting a UV System to prevent this from being a problem moving forward.

Do you think that this could be a possible cause for the node that has not gone down in size?

Hello Sean,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

The mold in the AC unit is not likely to be the only reason of the lymph node not going down in size or resolving. The lymph nodes many times may take even three to six months or more for self resolution. But yes many other factors can play role like allergies, upper respiratory tract infection, surrounding skin issue, etc which may prevent the size of lymph node to decrease significantly..

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.