Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

On my clitoris/clitoral hood, on both the left and right side

Customer Question

On my clitoris/clitoral hood, on both the left and right side there is a hard (I believe it's a vein) string running up and down. They've been there for about three weeks and kind of travel around a little bit. Sometimes it's closer to the middle, and sometimes it's further away. It hurts when I touch it too hard. Any idea what it is and if it will go away, or is there something I can do to make it go away?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, there are multiple things that could produce this hard lump or vein you are feeling , it could be an ingrown hair, a bartholin's cyst ( which is a blocked clitoris gland unable to secrete its lubricating fluids , in most cases ,it gets better without treatment , other times it gets infected in which case antibiotics will be necessary ), a blocked sebaceous gland ,an enlarged vein or a STD like genital herpes could produce this hard thing ,vein or lump .

Right now , like it has been there for 3 weeks ,it would be better to consult your gynecologist to find out what specific condition is producing this . If there is an infection, your doctor will prescribe you antibiotics . In most cases , the lump goes down with antibiotics . In severe cases , it could be necessary to drain the cyst fluid .

Your doctor should also perform some STD tests to rule out the presence of a STD ( sexual transmittable disease ).

What you could do in the meantime to alleviate your symptoms ,is taking warm sitz baths for 15 minutes 3 times per day , that could help to drain the fluid , You could add chamomile , thyme or lavender oil drops to the sitz baths .

Other natural remedy that could help greatly is applying a warm castor oil compress or pad on the area .

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied .

Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.

Hi ,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Anything you need , I am here to assist you ,just let me know .

Have a good day ,
Dr. German