Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I have been experiencing vaginal burning for about a week now.

I have been experiencing vaginal burning for about a week now. Urination is not painful and I don't have any other symptoms such as itching. It's just a nearly constant burning sensation in and around my vagina and a little on the vulva and even has spread to the anus. Any ideas?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

Do you have any vaginal discharge?

Customer:

I don't have any more discharge than I usually do

Dr Brims :

And there is nor redness?

Dr Brims :

no redness*

Customer:

There could be, but none that I can see. I'm sure a doctor would be able to see better...

Dr Brims :

What you are experiencing may be a bartholins cyst, which is an inflamed gland in your vagina, it may also be due to an irritated nerve if there are no areas of redness or a rash

Customer:

Should I see my doctor?

Customer:

Can you tell me what kind of tests would be done when I visit my doctor?

Customer:

Also, what would be the treatment?

Dr Brims :

Can you see my replies?

Dr Brims :

Hello?

Dr Brims :

Yes, you should see your doctor, they will take a vaginal swab, a urinalysis and examine your pelvis

Dr Brims :

The treatment may be as simple as taking electrolyte supplements, but they may have to incise a cyst if there is one present

Customer:

Yes, I can see your replies. Thank you for your advice.

Customer:

One more question....if it is a cyst, could it rupture and spread infection?

Dr Brims :

If it is a cyst, it could rupture, but it would not spread the infection, it would actually serve the same purpose as incising it, if it is incised or it ruptures it will improve and subside sooner

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions, you may click a rating button to end the chat session

Customer:

No more questions :) thank you so much for your help!

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience