Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

Dear JA, On Saturday I used a swifter to wipe dust and dirt

Dear JA, On Saturday I used a swifter to wipe dust and dirt off of my vinyl siding on my exterior deck approx. 6X8 in size and 9' tall Walls. I also swept off my decks floor afterwards and I could see there had been a layer of dust on it and it seemed to be a little windy when I did it but looked like it was blowing away as I proceeded. The deck hadn't been cleaned since the winter and I also have trees out back across from the deck.

Anyway I had my lunch afterwards and took a nap and when I woke up it felt like I had the start of a cold with a sore throat, wheezing in my chest and kind of stuffed up.
I figured it was probably because although I could see the dust and dirt flying away when I swept I was probably exposed to dust and pollen that I couldn't see and I do have Allergies.

I woke up in the middle of the night on Saturday night and felt like I was going to have an Asthma attack, but I was sleeping on my back, so I drank a bunch of water and went back to bed and I felt a little better in the morning after I slept in a little.

Well today I still have kind of a sore throat and the wheezing and tightness in my chest have eased up and I'm just wondering if I have a cold or if it was an allergic reaction?

I was also bit by a couple of mosquitos earlier that day and I was kind of concerned that maybe that could have also caused my symptoms. Can you please offer my some guidance with my issue? thanks, Neil
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Thank you for your question,

Dr. Saha :

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Dr. Saha :

Do you have fever?

Dr. Saha :

Is there any pain in the chest?

Dr. Saha :

How is the tightness of the chest now?

Dr. Saha :

There can be an allergic reaction to dust or pollen as you have a history of it.

Dr. Saha :

However, a cold or viral infection or a bacterial infection is also possible.

Dr. Saha :

Sore throat can come from those.

Dr. Saha :

I would advise to take an examination by doctor.

Dr. Saha :

A throat swab can be tested.

Dr. Saha :

Doctor can examine the chest & suggests others depending on the findings.

Dr. Saha :

It is necessary as you are feeling tightness in chest.

Dr. Saha :

Doctor can prescribe bronchodilators.

Dr. Saha :

You can take zyrtec which can help with allergy.

Dr. Saha :

You can also do warm salt water gargling.

Dr. Saha :

That will be soothing for throat.

Dr. Saha :

Please take plenty of fluids.

Dr. Saha :

You may be having difficulty in entering chat. I am changing to question & answer format.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Hello Neil,

I see you are offline.

I have written the answer in chat.

If you have any further query, please feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dr. Saha, thanks you for the answer:

I don't have a fever,

the tightness in my chest has ceased,

I don't have any pain in my chest but still feel a little congested

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
How is the sore throat now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is somewhat better but still a little scratchy

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
As the tightness of chest has ceased & the sore throat is better, you can try the measures I suggested above.

If those symptoms continue or get worse, then I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience