Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

I am wondering about your opinion of Modafinil. I have found

I am wondering about your opinion of Modafinil.
I have found a small amount of it effective (1/2 tablet) when I am stressed and very busy and have to concentrate on planning etc. I believe it helps me to focus and I have found no aftereffects. I have been using it off and on for about a year and a half.

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

Lack of attention, inattention to details and inability to concentrate are amongst the most common symptoms of adult ADHD. And these can be the only presenting symptoms.

Several studies have shown that many people who self diagnose/suspect them self to be suffering from this problem actually suffer from this problem.

Modafinil is one the the drugs used to treat ADHD.

Having that said, i would also like to mention that you should get a consultation with a psychiatrist first, and discuss this problem in detail. DO NOT SELF TREAT YOURSELF as this is not necessarily the drug you need (and you may get side effects).

This has to be done by a psychiatrist who understands and routinely deals with these issues and he is the one who can appropriately choose the drug that will suit best to your needs.

I hope this clarifies and answers your question.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.