Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

hi dr arun! question something weired happen to me this weekend

Customer Question

hi dr arun! question something weired happen to me this weekend and still feel it today. tingling in left arm and fingers but not all the time. pain in left arm above elbo and upper back by the back bone. jaw hurt a little on left side but don't have that no more. dr apt today with heart doctor. do you think I had a small heart attack or em I ready to have a big one please help ty.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 years ago.

Hello Rick,

Your symptoms are more suggestive of pinched nerves in neck (tingling in left arm and fingers, with the pain) than an heart attack. Though no harm in getting an evaluation by the cardiologist (heart doctor) as you have been doing in the afternoon. The specialist can categorically rule out any heart association by the EKG, heart enzymes (blood work) etc. Your anxiety also can aggravate these symptoms.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had so many test done for the heart and everything was normal. you don't think its the heart. what about the pain in jaw comes and goes what do you think that don't think im not having a heatattack?

Rick / Dukers,

Medicine is science of possibilities and probabilities. With your all heart tests being normal; chance of this being heart related is unlikely. The jaw pain can be due to dental issue, TMJ problem, anxiety.

Dr. Arun