Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

This is incredibly embarrassing, but I filled a waterworks

This is incredibly embarrassing, but I filled a waterworks douche(hanging bag in shower) at the sink. Our hot water heater is a little erratic and normally warm water is the best I get out of it. Well, I filled up the water at the sink and it must have for once gone scalding hot. I had 160z of water mixed with a teaspoon of arden's powder to heal a yeast infection. I normally test the water, but I was running late for work and I immediately could tell I was getting burned; so I stopped the douche. A lot of mucus came out after that. I put some cold water inside which helped and I've taken some advil, but now I'm concerned that I burned myself badly and may have done some damage. I can't get to the doctor this week due to family obligations. At home I have things like refresh and lubricating gels like astroglide. Are there any home rememdies that I can try to help heal myself or should I just leave it alone?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

If you are having any burning sensation, you might have burned the mucosa. If there are no such symptoms, you are likely to be fine and do not need any treatment.

However, you can use cold water to douche for at least 24 hours to help cool off the mucosa.
After that, you can use the astroglide for moisturizing.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I burned the mucosa, are you saying that the cold water douche and then after 24 hours the astroglide will be sufficient or are you saying those are fine to use as long as I haven't burned the mucosa?

Hello Jo.

I mean that those are fine if you have not burned the mucosa.

If you have burned the mucosa, you would have vaginal irritation and burning sensation that would make you prone to infection. You an use a cream known as estriol vaginal cream for soothing if there is burning .
If there is vaginal discharge suggesting infection, you would have to see your obs and gynae doctor and take an antibiotic treatment.

I hope my answer has helped you.